This is what happens selling ukes in this market place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pukin' Ukin'

Reaction score
I am relatively new to ukes. I've been playing the guitar for 20 years. I bought my first uke from a friendly member who gave me incredibly thorough info on what he was selling me. Since then I have purchased and resold a bunch of ukes from other people who were also incredibly helpful and generous. I've bought and sold because I want to try many types and not every uke I buy is for me. Everyone here knows that trying out great ukes before you buy is literally impossible. They're inaccessible in most areas.

So what am I not seeing here? Is this a clique or a forum? I'm honestly asking.

Me = a guy who liked to try out different ukes. Some I like. Some I don't like as much. I have never resold any for a profit. I even lose money buying and selling just to try them out. But I'm a bad guy?

I've even had my most recent for sale uke closed by a moderator. This is what you moderate? This is honestly starting to make me resent the instrument. Celebrate the instrument? Yeah.

Friend, I honestly have no idea what you are talking about or getting at. I have found this to be one of the most civil and friendly forums on the entire internet. Anyone who is struggling here might want to do some introspection... I don't intend that as a criticism. But you really have to work hard to get a thread shut down here. :)

This is a great forum. Buying and selling by members is generally encouraged so I'm not sure what happened with your particular post. If you have an issue with what a moderator did, you need to take it up with the moderator(s). The members really can't help you. Maybe there was a misunderstanding or something?

This is a great forum. Buying and selling by members is generally encouraged so I'm not sure what happened with your particular post. If you have an issue with what a moderator did, you need to take it up with the moderator(s). The members really can't help you. Maybe there was a misunderstanding or something?
I hope some people realize what they have misunderstood but I truly do wish everyone here a pleasant musical experience.

please look at it from a different perspective. you have sold 12 Pono ukes since January 12, 2016. If you don't like any of the Pono you are getting, why keep buying them?
Maybe switch to a Kanilea, Kamaka, or Koaloha.
Your account raises a lot of questions. the whole "I am trying to find the right uke" thing seems unlikely. you look like a reseller.
Also, I have stayed away from saying anything since our last discussions, until now. you asked the UU forum, we answer.

please look at it from a different perspective. you have sold 12 Pono ukes since January 12, 2016. If you don't like any of the Pono you are getting, why keep buying them?
Maybe switch to a Kanilea, Kamaka, or Koaloha.
Your account raises a lot of questions. the whole "I am trying to find the right uke" thing seems unlikely. you look like a reseller.
Also, I have stayed away from saying anything since our last discussions, until now. you asked the UU forum, we answer.
A RESELLER? Wow.

My two cents. I've bought ukuleles and sold ukuleles off this board nothing but pleasant experience. Sorry for you unpleasant experience.

There is an actual underground within this forum. It's a CONSPIRACY man! Jk, but honestly somethings up.

My two cents. I've bought ukuleles and sold ukuleles off this board nothing but pleasant experience. Sorry for you unpleasant experience.

I like you're two cents. I tell you 100% every time I've bought and sold its been more than a pleasant experience. I looked at the post here from ukeeku and if that's the truth than I can see why it would look strange. It's all above the law though, I can just never make up my mind. I love all the Ponos I've had I just liked trying them.

I have no idea what this thread is about, but these types of threads never end well. As a fellow member, you might just want to let it go, whatever it is.

John

A RESELLER? Wow.

Try to see this from the other side...

If in fact you have bought and sold 12 ukes in 6 weeks time, to MOST folks who have been on this forum at least a year, this looks suspicious.

UAS drives all of us, but at this pace, I personally do not see how you can properly evaluate an instrument unless you yourself are either a seasoned luthier or expert maestro player like Jake or James Hill.

Maybe you have advanced skills or some higher perceptual acuity that most of us here lack, so I am not criticizing you at all.

I would need at least 10 days with an instrument to decide if I was happy with it, because IMHO after my first string change which I do on ALL ukes I get, it takes THAT LONG for new strings to properly settle.

Add to this time of 10 days, also the dozen or so string changes to find the holy grail strings for the uke at hand, and you have a few months time to properly evaluate it.

The only exception to my own personally time requirement that I can think of if the uke is crap from the start, like intended as a child's toy or wall art from the manufacturer and sounds bad and is COMPLETELY unplayable. The reputation of Pono is the OPPOSITE of this.

Hence the reason, Pukin Ukin, that some folks question your intent as a seller.

I offer no judgment either way, just one possible opinion.

Good Luck!

I'm already blacklisted by the powers that be. Just trying to warn the people before being taken away by them in a black suv.

I'm already blacklisted by the powers that be. Just trying to warn the people before being taken away by them in a black suv.

Dude. You seem to be the only one having this issue. Buy and sell more Ponos ... or just sell more Ponos. Doesn't affect me at all.

Surely you can see that your recent activities are enough to irritate any Pono reseller. Possibly, they are enough to piss off Pono.

There are things that are suspicious about your frequent listings but this thread is pure trolling. In most forums this thread would be enough to get your account shut down.

In most forums this thread would be enough to get your account shut down.
Agreed.

If you have issues with a thread being removed it is best to deal directly with Admin/mods and air any grievances with them. If you don't like how they run the place then it may be time to find another forum that suits your style more. There are plenty of places on the net so no need to stay somewhere you are not enjoying.

so "your" sunburst uke that was listed for sale, are the pics even yours? Looks out of season for this time of year....depending on where you live. At the very least the setting is unlike your other posts?
No wonder folks are not as trusting as you might need them to be, trust being the missing element or one of them.
I'd say blame the next fire sale on the angry wife and a looming divorce, that one always works well.....
Just Sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom