Check this out... HMS Kamaka auction now at $12,000!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Cow!

Have you seen the HMS auction for the slothead Kamaka?
I wonder how much higher it will go?

Have you seen the HMS auction for the slothead Kamaka?
I wonder how much higher it will go?

Yeah, I've been watching it. I love these auctions they do. I have a friendly bet with a friend where they'll clear. I keep losing the wagers and have to buy the beers!

The inlay, the wood grain, the $400 tuners, but really the sound.
I wonder what strings are on it?

Dang, too bad I have to pay taxes and fund an IRA like the rest of the crass commoners. :rolleyes:

I almost hate to mention this, but on my web browser, it's still going for $2975 and In Stock. So, being the ever-opportunistic sot that I am, I just may take advantage of this little glitch, toss it into the shopping cart by day's end, and then sell it to one of you for ten thousand clams.

You're welcome.

I almost hate to mention this, but on my web browser, it's still going for $2975 and In Stock. So, being the ever-opportunistic sot that I am, I just may take advantage of this little glitch, toss it into the shopping cart by day's end, and then sell it to one of you for ten thousand clams.

You're welcome.

Scroll down, you'll see the actual current price. :)

My initial reaction was the same as yours ;)

I hope that whoever is willing to pay this kind of money is aware of the fact that this uke was built last year, so it falls short a couple of months for celebrating Kamaka's big centennial anniversary. Doesn't take away from the sound, of course.

Several of the cars I've bought and one of the houses didn't cost that much.:eek:
Three words: in freakin sane! ;)

One of the most expensive ukes ever? Or are there even more expensive ones?

One of the most expensive ukes ever? Or are there even more expensive ones?

I think one of the Moore Bettah ones went for more at one of last year's auctions.

Hey, if you have that kind of disposable income, more power to you. But, that is just nuts!

Several of the cars I've bought and one of the houses didn't cost that much.:eek:
Three words: in freakin sane! ;)

Same here but that has to be one of the best sounding instruments I have ever heard.

I hope that whoever is willing to pay this kind of money is aware of the fact that this uke was built last year, so it falls short a couple of months for celebrating Kamaka's big centennial anniversary. Doesn't take away from the sound, of course.

I think the difference is that Casey Kamaka built this uke himself....he has signed the Kamaka label in the uke..you don't see this too often....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom