File sharing question

Ukuleleblues

Reaction score
This is a question for all the computer experts out there. I want to be able to share links and tabs with a couple of friends. The idea is we can post the tabs were going to jam together on or links of us on YouTube playing them so they can play practice before a jam.

The problem is some of my friends are not very computer literate. Does anybody use an any easy way a semi computer illiterate person can upload files and links to share?

The only thing I've come up with is a Google site in which I give them access to to upload to a file page. Any suggestions?

Dropbox is an easy way since it behaves just like a drive with folders, so anyone who knows how to use Finder on Mac or File Explorer on Windows should be comfortable with it. There are also mobile versions, and it is free as long as you don't need excessive amounts of space. Google Drive is another option, but I find it a little less intuitive.

Dropbox is an easy way since it behaves just like a drive with folders, so anyone who knows how to use Finder on Mac or File Explorer on Windows should be comfortable with it. There are also mobile versions, and it is free as long as you don't need excessive amounts of space. Google Drive is another option, but I find it a little less intuitive.

I second all of that - as someone pretty highly computer literate who frequently collaborates with people who are anything but, I've found creating a shared folder in Dropbox to be the best solution. As for Google Drive - I had to use it for the first time a couple weeks ago and it stumped me in the beginning since the menu has no words - only pictures, and those pictures are not intuitive to me at all.

Here's another vote for Dropbox. I've never tried Google Drive, but Dropbox is so easy that it makes investigating other, similar services pointless unless you're curious.

I use Dropbox to transfer music via WiFi that I create on my Mac to an 13.3" Android tablet I carry with me with all my music for rehearsals and performances. My very limited computer savvy friend uses Dropbox to share with his daughter, they run the L.A. Lawyers Philharmonic and need to share things all the time. If they can do it, anyone can.

Top Bottom