Flea Market Music

Monkeyswithladders

Reaction score
I ordered a hard-shell case for my flea after reading the case thread here and it just came in today. One of the buckles on the case is a little warped though, because it looks like the rivets were put in too tight and the effect is that it doesn't seem to buckle too securely. I called their phone number and explained the problem, and they're going to ship me another case with a prepaid label so I can send back the old one.

I thought it was awesome that within five minutes they showed that they're happy to fix the problem, sent out a new case that day, and even payed for all the extra postage which would be like $25, so I just wanted to tell everyone how cool they are. I wish the whole world played ukulele.

FMM is a textbook example of how to run a company...at least from a customer perspective.

I agree! I've been dreaming up a custom Fluke for the past few months and the FMM folks have wonderful customer service. They respond to all emails quickly and even told me to call and have a personal chat with the designers! They're THE model for customer satisfaction.

I thought it was awesome that within five minutes they showed that they're happy to fix the problem, sent out a new case that day, and even payed for all the extra postage which would be like $25, so I just wanted to tell everyone how cool they are.

And that's why it works. That $25 will pay for itself over and over because of this post. Research shows that a customer who gets great service will tell 8 people, whereas a customer who gets poor service will tell about 25 (this was before the internet). So the results from good service are really good, and from bad service, disproportionately bad!

An old saw known to business owners and entrepreneurs:
If you give good service, the customer will tell three people.
If you give bad service, the customer will tell nine.

However, that was before the Internet and now you can tell A MILLION people, not just three.

I agree. One of the first things I ever tell people about ukulele is how great the uke community is :) i'm not complaining

Top Bottom