Blackheart

Monkeyswithladders

Reaction score
So I've decided to trade in my 120 watt solid state amp for a little 5-15 watt tube amp. I don't need a ton of power anymore, and I'd rather have a sweet sound for home playing and recording.

Anyway, I got pretty set on the Blackheart Little Giant Half Stack from what I've seen in online reviews and demos:
half_stack-thumb-250x375.jpg

but NO ONE around me has them. I've literally called every dealer I got from the website within a 2 hour drive. Then I called the House of Guitars in Rochester because they've always been my go-to when I need something I can't find. No dice.

So now I'm just curious; have you ever seen one of these elusive stacks in person?

So I've decided to trade in my 120 watt solid state amp for a little 5-15 watt tube amp. I don't need a ton of power anymore, and I'd rather have a sweet sound for home playing and recording.

Anyway, I got pretty set on the Blackheart Little Giant Half Stack from what I've seen in online reviews and demos:
half_stack-thumb-250x375.jpg

but NO ONE around me has them. I've literally called every dealer I got from the website within a 2 hour drive. Then I called the House of Guitars in Rochester because they've always been my go-to when I need something I can't find. No dice.

So now I'm just curious; have you ever seen one of these elusive stacks in person?

My friend Jim Harms sells them at his shop My Music Store

They are pretty sweet and a good value too.

man, I wish that was a little closer to Florida, lol. It is good to hear something positive from someone else though. I found a store that's about an 1 1/2 drive that has the combo version in stock, so I think I might drive out to hear the amp, then if I like it order the head & cap style from musician's friend. The combo and half-stack would have the same sound, right?

Guitar Center or MF should have them, just online.
No, a combo will not sound like a head/cab combo. Similar, yes. Basic tonalities will be there, but ambience and lows are generally affected.

Top Bottom