Against the Advise of The Powers That Be

haolejohn

Reaction score
Tomorrow morning I step off for my journey to the wilderness. It is spring break and I have been waiting for the weather to cooperate and it has given me a two day window of sunshine that I must take advantage of. There is only one problem. It is supposed to be in the 20s each night that I am gone. If something happens to me while I am gone (eaten by a bear, hypothermia, or I get lost and starve) I donate all my uke stuff to UU to have contests to give the ukes away except for my wife's pick that she gets to keep. Ladies and gentlemen it is cold out there and it is harsh in the elements but when a man must embark on a journey to answer the call of the wild he must go. I am taking essentials only (ukulele and camera) and am leaving non essentials behind (sleeping bag and stove). Wish me well fellow UUers and hopefully I'll have some good footage to put up, unless I become dinner.

Brrrrr... I know what you mean, it got down into the low 70s last night, had to grab a bed sheet to keep warm. Still woke up in a cold sweat though. :cool:

Tomorrow morning I step off for my journey to the wilderness. It is spring break and I have been waiting for the weather to cooperate and it has given me a two day window of sunshine that I must take advantage of. There is only one problem. It is supposed to be in the 20s each night that I am gone. If something happens to me while I am gone (eaten by a bear, hypothermia, or I get lost and starve) I donate all my uke stuff to UU to have contests to give the ukes away except for my wife's pick that she gets to keep. Ladies and gentlemen it is cold out there and it is harsh in the elements but when a man must embark on a journey to answer the call of the wild he must go. I am taking essentials only (ukulele and camera) and am leaving non essentials behind (sleeping bag and stove). Wish me well fellow UUers and hopefully I'll have some good footage to put up, unless I become dinner.

The real question is what kind of uke are you taking? :D

Best of luck! Don't get eaten!

I shouldn't get eaten. I bought the bear bell at REI. LOL

Do you know how to tell the difference between black bear and grizzly bear poop?
Black bear poop is smaller and contains lots of berries and squirrel fur.
Grizzly bear poop has little bells in it and smells like pepper spray. ;)

Don't pull an "Into the Wild" on us! ;)

I did just finish reading that book. I will more than likely pull a "Walk in the Woods" on you guys. My wife thinks I will not be able to handle the trip. She forgets that I was once a Marine.

Come to think of it I was also once 100 pounds lighter and ten years younger:)

I am actually going where they filmed deliverence at. LOL

I'm hitting the chatooga river around dicks creek falls and I plan on hiking part of the Bartram trail and trout fish on the Chattooga. I may hit Warwomen Creek and fish my way down to the Chattooga as well.

She forgets that I was once a Marine.

Devil Dawgs pack firepower in the wilderness.

Come to think of it I was also once 100 pounds lighter and ten years younger:)

Muscle weighs more than fat! (that's my excuse!) LOL!

MGySgt Ric Douglas USMC '68 - '92 Retired

Last edited:
I am actually going where they filmed deliverence at. LOL

I'm hitting the chatooga river around dicks creek falls and I plan on hiking part of the Bartram trail and trout fish on the Chattooga. I may hit Warwomen Creek and fish my way down to the Chattooga as well.

Hey, that's my stomping grounds. I love it up there, you'll have a great time now that Big Foot isn't up there anymore :D .

Top Bottom