kala ka-k8e

i just ordered the kala ka-k6e. its the same thing, just 6 string. i havent received it yet, but i do have some info that may prove to be bad news.

nowhere have i seen this series of uke advertised as SOLID koa. what does this mean to you? well if you are looking for solid koa, i dont think youre going to find it for less than $400. what ive found is that some of the value-minded uke manufacturers are actually using a koa laminate over solid mahogany. it still sounds great, but if you are a purist looking for solid koa construction, this might not be what you are looking for.

if you are looking for a deal... i suggest try ebay. yeah, ebay. you might not find what you are looking for, but get in touch with the dealers and they might be able to work something out for you. i did, and i got my uke for $50 less than anywhere i could find on the net, with free shipping, free case, upgrade to aquila strings, frets dressed, action set up, tuner, and chord chart. i will put up a review when i receive her.

Kala

I have two Kala baritones. One I got for $135 on saleand the other is an electric with KOA. I love both. The cheaper one has a thicker body and a real rich sound, kind of like an old jazz guitar. I love it. The more expensive is good for recording and has not bad sustain. Its neck is quicker. I'm very please with both. Its a good company and I swear I don't work for it.----Kimosabe

Maybe there are better but I'm happy

I have two Kala baritones. One I got for $135 on saleand the other is an electric with KOA. I love both. The cheaper one has a thicker body and a real rich sound, kind of like an old jazz guitar. I love it. The more expensive is good for recording and has not bad sustain. Its neck is quicker. I'm very please with both. Its a good company and I swear I don't work for it.----Kimosabe

Maybe there are better but I'm happy

that's all that matters. as long as you are happy then its perfect for you.

so i got my ka-k6e a couple days ago. and ive been playing it pretty much non stop since. it sounds awesome, considering what i paid for it. i still cant say if it is solid koa, since im no expert on wood. but that doesnt matter to me. for 6 string, its still got a pretty warm tone to it. the shadow P-3 that it came with isnt too much my style, since i have to turn the bass and treble all the way down when i plug it in for it to even sound like a uke on my amp. not like the shadow that i have on the leolani, which only has tone and volume controls, which i prefer. i changed out the low octave A string with a high A so that they are both identical. i just didnt like the sound of the bass A coming out when i strummed her, plus it made it nasty to pluck. now its BUTTER. i love how it sounds and plays (but my brother thinks i should have kept the A's octaved). well anyway, i made a quick vid to show how she sounds. but keep in mind the mic on my laptop doesnt do it justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOhSUkNuxI8

oh and dont mind the ending of the video. i couldnt think of anything else to sample with so i threw that in. hahaha.

nice sounding uke bro.

ill post a review of mine when i get it!

IM GETTING ANEW UKE FOR CHRISTMAS!!

and haha gotta rep the elephant town man!!!

Attachments

• Tapia4..jpg
    Tapia4..jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 9
  • FredSokolow..jpg
    FredSokolow..jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom