Nud

Nickie

Reaction score
The wait is finally over.....
My new Concert Cocobolo uke arrived today, I met the postman in the driveway. It's unboxed and tuned up.
What a chimey tone it has, I've never heard anything quite like it. Kevin's crew did a fabulous job, and I think the radiused fretboard will make bar chording easier. The Grover tuners are sweet, and the knobs are nicely hidden on the backside of the headstock. Side fret markers are easy to see. I'm glad I got the side sound port put in. Haven't plugged it in yet, having too much fun stretching strings and sniffing the soundhole.
It smells just like spice,
And the tone it's so nice!
I don't have a camera now, but I've already loaded pics that Kevin took and sent me, in an earlier thread.....
This really makes my day, just in time for Saturday's Irish tune jam session!

Erin go Bragh!

Blarney!

Fred and Wilma too! :)

I wish I could play the "Irish Washerwoman"!

keep uke'in',

This is great news! I'm so excited for you. You will love it for sure, and the side sound port makes it extra wonderful. Congratulations!

That is such wonderful news. I know you have been waiting patiently and now you new beauty is here. Congratulations, you certainly deserve, may it bring you many years of joy.

I am glad you mentioned "sniffing the sound hole"........sounds a bit kinky but all those exotic woods have such a great smell. Side sound port is da bomb.:cool:

They are such nice looking instruments!!! Kevin and his team are true artists.

How does the volume project as compared to some of your other ones? I had a very very early Cocobolo and it was a nice sound, but it was very low, and I had trouble hearing it. I have read as they made improvements and became more proficient in the building process, that the overall sound increased and the projection and sustain was greatly enhanced. What do you think?

Last edited:
Great news. I look forward to seeing pics. They sure make a pretty uke.

Congrats! Don't forget pics when your hands tire from playing!

My left hand is tired!
Thanks for all the compliments. I'll post a short review after the strings stop stretching and I played it at least a few days.
Maybe I can borrow a camera soon and post some pics.
One very nice feature is that Silvio "rounded" the left hand side of the lower bout of the top, so that my inner right arm doesn't get sore. It's almost like a bevel, for no extra charge.

Congratulations, Nickie! That's a pretty big event of happiness, and it's great that you really enjoy the new uke. :) Very happy for you!

NICE NICKIE!

Hopefully this one will have been worth the wait...

...and the wait for us for the next two weeks while you are away with your Nicaraguan Cocobolo uke, i.e., the new baby, before we hear from you again. :):nana::rock:

So glad you like your new uke! The pics you posted earlier were gorgeous.

Thanks guys!
My left hand got sore, so I put it down and went to bed.
I'm about to go pick it up again....this thing is so much fun!

Photos? Did I miss them??

More ado about my Cocobolo Ukuelele....
I played it for over 2 hours last night, plugged in, at our Saturday Evening Jam Session. I missed a few chords, getting used to the radius fretboard is a learning curve.
Those of who play a uke with a side soundhole know how much better you can hear yourself (including mistakes).
I can hear the value of a slightly weightier headstock, it has bueacoup sustain. Now i don't mind the weight.

The bevel of the top really makes a difference in comfort on my right upper arm.

I received many compliments on the appearance.

Shame on me, I haven't played the Ohana or the Kala since I got it.

More stuff later, sorry if I bored you, I'm still excited.

Top Bottom