Joined Pono familiy with ATSH-PC Acacia Tenor :D

Sonic

Reaction score
Last year I decided to break the pocket after my Kala ASAC-T. For my favorite of slotted headstock and acacia (inexpensive koa :rolleyes: ), Pono ATSH-PC became my target.
After order from local dealer it arrived finally :eek:
The new ATSH changed to wi'awa wood binding, it did have "wood" texture and yellow colour instead of just simple white colour, it's so nice.

atsh1.jpg

atsh2.jpg

Before I made decision on it, I watch the video from Corey demo to make this decision, and then I found HMS is showing a new design of ATSH series. Just took some photos for comparison of the my lastest ATSH and the local dealer's ATSH5
- Grover tuner for now, Pono tuner as before.
- Colourless wound C string for now(Is it Alohi strings? ), Gold strings as before.
compare.jpg

compare2.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful ukulele, Sonic! I love the creamy wi'awa with the acacia. The colors go well together. I have a Pono Mango Tenor Deluxe (MGTD) which just gets better and better. I think it came with the same strings as yours, with the wound C. I do not know what brand of strings they are, but I like them and they have lasted a long time.

Hi, OhioBelle

Did you tried others strings on Pono Mango? The wound C touch feeling does not impress me, it may swapped to another set of strings later. :rolleyes:

Congrats on your new Baby! It's lovely. Does it sound as good as it looks? Are your hands sore yet?
I hope you have a great time with it.:D

If they're slightly purple, then they're alohi.
If they're clear they're mahana. It's hard to tell in the picture.
I think they said they ran out of the yellow stuff and theres no more at the source.

The alohi is d'addario titanium, with a wound 3rd and or 4th.

I have a atsh-pc. It seems to really want wound bass. I've got mine low G with Ko'olau wound 3/4 and oasis trebles, and it's sounding pretty good. I was unable to find an all plastic set that could drive the soundboard adequately without it going plinky. Mine's got koa binding, but I think I like the light wood binding on yours better. It pops more visually.

Not sure about the tuner switch. I think I like the old gold tuners better. But I have had good luck with the gover butterbeans on other ukes. They's still pretty smooth.

Congratulations, that is a mighty fine uke! Very ellegant look with the new Tamarind binding. Did you get it at UkeHK?

While I love pretty much everything from Pono, I think they could use some better strings. If you don't like the wound string, try a set of Worth Clear or Living Water, they are all plain/non wound.

Sonic,

Nothing has been on mine since I bought it from HMS nearly two (!!!) years ago! I'd say its time for a change. I think I will try the Worth and the Living Waters, per Rakelele's suggestion.

Have fun with yours. Pono is fabulous!

Congratulations, that is a mighty fine uke! Very ellegant look with the new Tamarind binding. Did you get it at UkeHK?

While I love pretty much everything from Pono, I think they could use some better strings. If you don't like the wound string, try a set of Worth Clear or Living Water, they are all plain/non wound.

I am with Rainer.

I love the Pono products.

Congrats and welcome to The Pono Posse!

Very nice, Sonic!

I've been playing a Pono for just a month or so, and have tried a few others in a local store. Very nice instruments, and I bet you'll enjoy yours for a long time!

That's Super, Sonic.

Hi Rakelele, I bought with UkeHK, you are right :rolleyes:

I would like to try different strings that hope to give it the best taste for me.

Top Bottom