Anyone get their 100th anniversary Kamaka yet?

fopianki

Reaction score
Hi folks, haven't heard from anyone if they have received their 100th anniversary Kamaka yet. If so, what do you think? Frank

I've got mine on order from Mim...a long neck pineapple! Can't wait to get it. By the way, if you haven't dealt with Mim, I would highly recommend you check out her site. She is responsive, knowledgable and fun to work with. Frank

I havent gotten one. :(

Um. There goes another satisfied Cocbolo Uke owner hijacking another thread. Lol

I'm really jonesing for a slothead tenor...

Mine should arrived HMS in six weeks that means it won't be at my door for another two weeks.
As per Andrew, the anniversary series will hold good value !
The down side is the price already jumped $100 in the second batch!

Congrats Brenda on your new Kamaka...should be a good one, Andrew will pick a nice one for you...:)..his first batch of the anniversary ones went real fast....

I just received a tracking email from www.theukulelesite.com, which means a very happy package is winging its way across the ocean to me.

It's a delivery 100 years in the making! :cool:

Well, it has arrived. It's an HF-3 Tenor. As usual, the folks at HMS did an outstanding job. Joel set it up perfectly, and Zach packed it to perfection! I can't say enough about how great Andrew and his team are!

They put Oasis Bright strings on it for me, and it sounds good; really clear and responsive. Initially, it sounds a little tight to me, with hardly any overtones, but I think it will open up and sound more resonant over time.

Anyway, on to the pics! :)

20160316_175223.jpg20160316_175519.jpg20160316_175432.jpg20160316_175606.jpgHPIM1938.jpg

Steedy, that's lovely.

(I shouldn't have looked, I shouldn't have looked, hubs would be sooo annoyed if I spent that much on a uke... sigh.)

Well, it has arrived. It's an HF-3 Tenor. As usual, the folks at HMS did an outstanding job. Joel set it up perfectly, and Zach packed it to perfection! I can't say enough about how great Andrew and his team are!

They put Oasis Bright strings on it for me, and it sounds good; really clear and responsive. Initially, it sounds a little tight to me, with hardly any overtones, but I think it will open up and sound more resonant over time.

Anyway, on to the pics! :)

View attachment 89407View attachment 89408View attachment 89409View attachment 89410View attachment 89411

congrats....I see you have #159 I wonder where the other 158 are?...:)
have fun with your new Kamaka....

I got my deluxe slotted headstock on order at Bounty Music on Maui. I go in basically everyday and ask if there have been any updates on the shipment of anniversary models. They already got the first batch with the standard HF-3 with anniversary branding and they're magnificent. I go in and play one with the LR Baggs installed and daaaaaaamn. I'm so excited for the slotted headstock to be here already! I believe earliest arrival on Maui would be in 2 weeks (2 weeks of agonizing anticipation. lol).

Top Bottom