PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get their 100th anniversary Kamaka yet?

fopianki
03-04-2016, 05:54 PM
Hi folks, haven't heard from anyone if they have received their 100th anniversary Kamaka yet. If so, what do you think? Frank

fopianki
03-04-2016, 05:57 PM
I've got mine on order from Mim...a long neck pineapple! Can't wait to get it. By the way, if you haven't dealt with Mim, I would highly recommend you check out her site. She is responsive, knowledgable and fun to work with. Frank

Nickie
03-04-2016, 06:07 PM
I havent gotten one. :(

Jim Hanks
03-04-2016, 06:36 PM
I havent gotten one. :(
You got the next best thing - Cocomaka! :nana:

Nickie
03-04-2016, 06:42 PM
You got the next best thing - Cocomaka! :nana:

I did!
I like you Jim, you're the bomb. And you're part of our Cocobolo family! Maybe we need a new group here.....

fopianki
03-04-2016, 07:09 PM
So are you happy Nickie?

sam13
03-05-2016, 07:15 AM
Um. There goes another satisfied Cocbolo Uke owner hijacking another thread. Lol

Jim Hanks
03-05-2016, 07:26 AM
Um. There goes another satisfied Cocbolo Uke owner hijacking another thread. Lol

Oops that was me. Back on topic, if I was to get a 100th anniversary Kamaka it would the longneck pineapple.

sam13
03-05-2016, 07:33 AM
LOL.

I am looking at getting a LN Tenor.

Tigeralum2001
03-05-2016, 09:11 AM
I'm really jonesing for a slothead tenor...

Mim
03-05-2016, 04:13 PM
I am still waiting for my stock to come in, but it should be any time now! I will take some pictures and post before they go to their new homes.

SoloRule
03-06-2016, 10:28 AM
Mine should arrived HMS in six weeks that means it won't be at my door for another two weeks.
As per Andrew, the anniversary series will hold good value !
The down side is the price already jumped $100 in the second batch!

hawaii 50
03-06-2016, 04:57 PM
Mine should arrived HMS in six weeks that means it won't be at my door for another two weeks.
As per Andrew, the anniversary series will hold good value !
The down side is the price already jumped $100 in the second batch!

Congrats Brenda on your new Kamaka...should be a good one, Andrew will pick a nice one for you...:)..his first batch of the anniversary ones went real fast....

Steedy
03-14-2016, 04:44 PM
I just received a tracking email from www.theukulelesite.com (http://www.theukulelesite.com), which means a very happy package is winging its way across the ocean to me.

It's a delivery 100 years in the making! :cool:

hawaii 50
03-14-2016, 05:04 PM
I just received a tracking email from www.theukulelesite.com (http://www.theukulelesite.com), which means a very happy package is winging its way across the ocean to me.

It's a delivery 100 years in the making! :cool:

congrats in advance...I heard you ordered your Kamaka....

Steedy
03-14-2016, 05:20 PM
congrats in advance...I heard you ordered your Kamaka....

Thanks, Len! I'm happy to count you and Stan and Andrew among my friends. Joel and Zach always take good care of me too! :)

Steedy
03-17-2016, 06:47 AM
Well, it has arrived. It's an HF-3 Tenor. As usual, the folks at HMS (http://theukulelesite.com) did an outstanding job. Joel set it up perfectly, and Zach packed it to perfection! I can't say enough about how great Andrew and his team are!

They put Oasis Bright strings on it for me, and it sounds good; really clear and responsive. Initially, it sounds a little tight to me, with hardly any overtones, but I think it will open up and sound more resonant over time.

Anyway, on to the pics! :)

Rtnrlfy
03-17-2016, 07:54 AM
Steedy, that's lovely.

(I shouldn't have looked, I shouldn't have looked, hubs would be sooo annoyed if I spent that much on a uke... sigh.)

hawaii 50
03-17-2016, 09:39 AM
Well, it has arrived. It's an HF-3 Tenor. As usual, the folks at HMS (http://theukulelesite.com) did an outstanding job. Joel set it up perfectly, and Zach packed it to perfection! I can't say enough about how great Andrew and his team are!

They put Oasis Bright strings on it for me, and it sounds good; really clear and responsive. Initially, it sounds a little tight to me, with hardly any overtones, but I think it will open up and sound more resonant over time.

congrats....I see you have #159 I wonder where the other 158 are?...:)
have fun with your new Kamaka....

aarondelacruz
03-17-2016, 12:16 PM
I got my deluxe slotted headstock on order at Bounty Music on Maui. I go in basically everyday and ask if there have been any updates on the shipment of anniversary models. They already got the first batch with the standard HF-3 with anniversary branding and they're magnificent. I go in and play one with the LR Baggs installed and daaaaaaamn. I'm so excited for the slotted headstock to be here already! I believe earliest arrival on Maui would be in 2 weeks (2 weeks of agonizing anticipation. lol).

SoloRule
03-17-2016, 12:20 PM

When did you order this? How did you get it so fast?

Mim
03-17-2016, 12:32 PM
My stock is FINALLY being shipped soon. At least most of it. Waiting on some Deluxe models. I cant wait to get them!

Steedy
03-17-2016, 01:29 PM
When did you order this? How did you get it so fast?

I ordered it on February 24, and received it 3 weeks later on March 16, so that was about 19 days in setup and 2 days shipping.

SoloRule
03-17-2016, 03:28 PM
I ordered it on February 24, and received it 3 weeks later on March 16, so that was about 19 days in setup and 2 days shipping.

I better check with Andrew unless yours is the first batch?

Steedy
03-17-2016, 03:35 PM

I believe mine is from the first batch they got in.

soupking
03-17-2016, 03:51 PM
Here's #158 on the right, beside its less-than-a-year-old(er) sibling. Irish twins :o

I'm going to go ahead and assume the pic will be tilted. I've posted the same way since 2010, but for some reason the pic posting went askew at some point, never to return back to normal.

SoloRule
03-17-2016, 04:18 PM
Any idea how many Kamaka plan to build for this series?
Look like they do a couple hundred every three months?

MainlandGal510
03-18-2016, 08:38 AM
Steedy, that's lovely.

(I shouldn't have looked, I shouldn't have looked, hubs would be sooo annoyed if I spent that much on a uke... sigh.)

Took the words right out of my mouth/keyboard!!! thanks for sharing! Beautiful!

Dan Uke
03-18-2016, 08:46 AM
Cool that you got siblings! I always assumed you were a soprano player Matt. Congrats

Here's #158 on the right, beside its less-than-a-year-old(er) sibling. Irish twins :o

I'm going to go ahead and assume the pic will be tilted. I've posted the same way since 2010, but for some reason the pic posting went askew at some point, never to return back to normal.

hawaii 50
03-18-2016, 08:57 AM

yes Steedy got the Kamaka's from the first batch Andrew got...since he is the biggest dealer for Kamaka he has a standing order for as many ukes that Kamaka wants to give him....:) he has a waiting list for those who want one.....pretty sure the numbers of ukes that Kamaka will build this year will be about the same as usual...but will sell faster.....

aarondelacruz
04-28-2016, 12:50 PM
So last week, I received my anniversary HF-3 D2I. I played it for a week and brought it back into the shop to get the LR Baggs 5.0 installed. I will take pictures when the installation is complete. The ukulele truly is magnificent and one of the best ukuleles I have ever handled.

Not sure why the image is rotated

MainlandGal510
04-28-2016, 01:46 PM
Such a teaser photo!!!! So pretty!!! Congrats!!
So last week, I received my anniversary HF-3 D2I. I played it for a week and brought it back into the shop to get the LR Baggs 5.0 installed. I will take pictures when the installation is complete. The ukulele truly is magnificent and one of the best ukuleles I have ever handled.

Not sure why the image is rotated

DownUpDave
05-05-2016, 01:50 AM

I received my Kamaka HF-4 100th anniversary baritone yesterday. I got it from HMS, Corey had done his usual excellent vimeo recording when it came in a month ago and I jumped on it immediately. The reason it took so long to arrive was because we wanted to install the new Misi Air Trio pick up, yes I was the guinea pig. It was a bust so HMS pulled it out and installed a LR Baggs. They truely are the greatest people to deal with. This baritone has that classic big, full, deep, sonorous sound. Playability is excellent and the instrument is quite light for a baritone. This is my first Kamaka and it won't be my last. Thanks Andrew and crew.

keod
05-05-2016, 03:04 AM

I received my Kamaka HF-4 100th anniversary baritone yesterday. I got it from HMS, Corey had done his usual excellent vimeo recording when it came in a month ago and I jumped on it immediately. The reason it took so long to arrive was because we wanted to install the new Misi Air Trio pick up, yes I was the guinea pig. It was a bust so HMS pulled it out and installed a LR Baggs. They truely are the greatest people to deal with. This baritone has that classic big, full, deep, sonorous sound. Playability is excellent and the instrument is quite light for a baritone. This is my first Kamaka and it won't be my last. Thanks Andrew and crew.

Stunning, absolutely beautiful!

SoloRule
05-05-2016, 03:32 AM
Very honour to share your excitement yesterday although I still have not put my hand on it.
I think he is quite a looker . I tend to relate baritone as a 'male' because of the size.
Kamaka really did a good job on the 100th anniversary models.
Andrew and the crew are truly world class. They are the reason of our UAS sickness.

wayfarer75
05-05-2016, 04:37 AM

Lovely baritone, they sound gorgeous in the HMS recordings.

What was the problem with the Air Trio pickup? Just curious.

billten
05-05-2016, 05:07 AM
I swear Dave you are going to have to build a house extension for all those ukes you got man... Wow, another beauty, i very much am looking forward to dropping by and playing this one :)

whepper
05-05-2016, 09:00 AM
I received my 100th anniversary HF-3 tenor this Monday and it sounds awesome! A tad brighter than my Kanilea concert and a lot louder (that surprised me a bit). Got it from the Southern Ukulele Store in the UK. They have some HF-3 and HF-3 deluxe in stock now. Another UK shop Eagle Music Shop is getting them soon. So Europeans: they are here!

DownUpDave
05-05-2016, 12:33 PM
Lovely baritone, they sound gorgeous in the HMS recordings.

What was the problem with the Air Trio pickup? Just curious.

Laura the Air Trio suffered from the same issues as the Air model. The internal mic in the Air captured feed back at even low volumes and there were wolf tones. We thought the Air Trio would fair better because it had the internal mic and a piezo pick up combo. But it was no better because you could not dial in enough piezo and dial out enough mic to make a difference.

DownUpDave
05-05-2016, 01:08 PM
Congratulations Dave, another fine instrument for your ever growing collection.

Thanks to everyone for the nice words and thoughts

I was so proud of myself Campbell, I sold 5 ukes in 3 months, thought I was heading in the right direction. It appears I have bought 3 in about the same amount of time. Oh well. ...............man does not live on bread alone.

sam13
05-05-2016, 04:27 PM

I am glad you got this one Dave. It is fabulous.

I had the chance to play it with new strings on it and it really is a superb instrument with big, open, warm sound with great sustain.

DownUpDave
05-06-2016, 03:58 AM
I received my 100th anniversary HF-3 tenor this Monday and it sounds awesome! A tad brighter than my Kanilea concert and a lot louder (that surprised me a bit). Got it from the Southern Ukulele Store in the UK. They have some HF-3 and HF-3 deluxe in stock now. Another UK shop Eagle Music Shop is getting them soon. So Europeans: they are here!

Congratulations on the new tenor. It is suprising how loud they are, in a good way. I see by your signature that you own a number of first class ukes, how would you say the Kamaka sizes up.