LfdM shop visit #2

DownUpDave

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
More pictures via box on posts 16, 17 & 18

I visited Luis of LfdM Guitars and Ukuleles again and as promised I took some more pictures. These are of his assembly area, benches and LOTS of hand tools, I loved it. More posts and pictures will be added

shop left.jpgshop center.jpgshop right.jpgsofia.jpg

Last edited:
Here is some of Luis's wood stash..........yes lots of old goodies. The block of wood by itself and being handled by Luis is Brazilian rosewood. He has it all marked out to use for bridges.

woodstorage.jpgBrazilian Rosewood.jpgLuis with BR.jpg

Thanks Jon......your the best, buddy. Now the bad news stupid computer has turned 6-8 photos into files the I can't upload. I will put up what I can and see if I can get the others up. Best laid plans of mice and men and ukulele fanatics and all that stuff.

Luis is working on 3 tenors and something very new. A baritone with 4 strings........yea ok.......and a baritone with 6 strings as in a small classical guitar. He has developed both with a 23" scale length so you can use classical guitar strings. His reason for this is the much greater selection and quality of strings.

uke wall right.jpg4 and 6 string bari.jpg6 string bari fret marker.jpg

Last edited:
I will see if these pics straight off my phone will work. Might be side ways but this stuff is too good to not share.

20160228_201311.jpg20160228_151401.jpg20160228_151411.jpg

Thanks so much for showing us, Dave! Looking forward to seeing - and hopefully hearing - those Baritones.

Awesome Dave! How do you not just put a green sticker on the wall under the ukes hanging, you know like an art gallery does to show that a piece is sold. In other words I couldn't visit Luis without saying Wow I want that one!

I see he has his degrees on the wall just like a doctor's office :)

Thanks for the pics Dave. I always like to see shop and build pics.

Very cool, Dave. Next time you visit, just pick one you really like and send it to me. ;-)

Thanks for the new photos, Dave. it's always helpful to see how a master does it!

Great pictures, buddy.

I look forward to seeing the final works of art.

Interesting thing about Luis' Ukes, they are similar in tone despite having different tonal wood.

Stunning workmanship.....if only the pocket book allowed.
I think a new LfdM should be in your future Dave and you can sell me your Opio in $C LOL.

Stunning workmanship.....if only the pocket book allowed.
I think a new LfdM should be in your future Dave and you can sell me your Opio in $C LOL.

Yes, these are stunning.

I have a few to sell you ... lol.

Yes, these are stunning.

I have a few to sell you ... lol.
Yes, you have quite the stable LOL. Unfortunately, as a single retiree, most of yours would likely be way beyond my means even in $C- and I'm not having any luck with lottery tickets ROTFL.

Awesome Dave! How do you not just put a green sticker on the wall under the ukes hanging, you know like an art gallery does to show that a piece is sold. In other words I couldn't visit Luis without saying Wow I want that one!

I see he has his degrees on the wall just like a doctor's office :)

Hey Dan........trust me if I could buy them all I would. Luis is a retired mechanical engineer, hence the diplomas hanging. It explains why his instruments sound so good, he considers every single detail, no matter how small. He is a fasinating man to talk to with a wealth of knowledge that he is always glad to share.

Top Bottom