Ken Timms style 1 soprano

It's beautiful . I love the binding .

Best looking one I've seen, Mr. Timms!

Ken, You could single handedly kill the vintage Martin market.

Clicked the link and it brings me to nothing having to do with this uke .... am I missing a link in your post? Very nice looking uke!

Clicked the link and it brings me to nothing having to do with this uke .... am I missing a link in your post? Very nice looking uke!

You need to go to ebay, and type in "Timms Style 1" in the search box.

I'm watching it, but it will be out of my budget range very, very soon.

-Kurt​

You need to go to ebay, and type in "Timms Style 1" in the search box.

I'm watching it, but it will be out of my budget range very, very soon.

-Kurt​

I did that ... no Uke ... just stuff ...

I guess posting a link is against the rules but if you search for this number it will pop right up: 272159493868

No, he was serious.

There are three Marketplace rules:

Please do not post links or otherwise direct people to your eBay auction. This subsection is intended for member-to-member transactions only, sans middle man. If you would like to announce your eBay auction, please do so in the Links and Videos subsection.

The Marketplace is for:
1) Member-to-member private sales which form no part of a business
2) Sole luthiers who personally make all the instruments they sell.

As I understand it, the Marketplace is for direct sales which are not Ebay sales, thus links or mentions directing people to an Ebay auction would be against the rules.

No, he was serious.

Please do not post links or otherwise direct people to your eBay auction. This subsection is intended for member-to-member transactions only, sans middle man. If you would like to announce your eBay auction, please do so in the Links and Videos subsection.

The Marketplace is for:

As I understand it, the Marketplace is for direct sales which are not Ebay sales, thus links or mentions directing people to an Ebay auction would be against the rules.

Save me from the forum police officers. Ye Gods!!

This Post is in the wrong section and against the rules
We had this discussion fairly recently in relation to a sales announcement by Black Bear Ukulele. He was "exonerated" (not exactly the right word) and the sale/post allowed to continue.

Ken's post is not in the wrong section and is not against the rules. If my post giving clearer direction to the uke overstepped, I apologize. If you wish to complain to the admins, please do so and they can deal with me and my post as they wish. But don't clutter up this sale thread. Again, my apologies for the distraction.

We had this discussion fairly recently in relation to a sales announcement by Black Bear Ukulele. He was "exonerated" (not exactly the right word) and the sale/post allowed to continue.

I don't know if I want to get into this, but ... Black Bear posts full details here, and you can PM him to buy his instruments at the conditions he outlines, through a direct transaction without an auction site in the middle. That is fundamentally different from posting a note that essentially says, "I put this on ebay, go there and buy it on ebay if you want it."

Sorry guys but only items sold in the Marketplace itself may be placed in the Marketplace section of the forum. Ebay links need to be elsewhere. Moving this in accordance with forum regulations.

As to the complaining about the rules, they are what they are. I would request folks please adhere to them. Complaining about them will not permit you to refrain from following them. And creating a new account just to whine about them is even less encouraged. Thank you.

In regards to Marketplace rules, this is the relevant set of guidelines...while sole luthiers may sell in the Marketplace, links to eBay should be in the Links and Videos section.
---------
8) Marketplace - Buying and Selling:

The Marketplace is for:
Please note: Larger manufacturers employing additional builders may not sell in the Marketplace. Dealers may not sell in the Marketplace. If you wish to start a thread about your business, you may do so in the Links and Videos subsection.
Certain items are unsuitable for trade through UU. The following are prohibited and may not be mentioned, even in hints or code, in the context of trading on this forum:
> weapons (including, but not only, firearms, knives, bows/crossbows, stun guns and martial arts weapons)
> drugs or medicines
> any item the trading/selling of which is subject to legal regulation or control, including items such as tortoiseshell, wood, and other things covered by the CITES convention.

Last edited:
Well, whatever the rules are, this is a gorgeous ukulele. I love the binding! This is my favorite 'martin' style. The style 3 and 5s are way too ornate for me. This is just right. Well done Ken.

Top Bottom