NUD x 2 :)

strumtheory

Reaction score
Well I received my two new babies and having a lot of fun getting to know them....

Kala KA-ATP-CTG - my first tenor....beautiful gloss finish - the woods glow. Very bright sound. Not as loud as I thought it would be but a delight to play. Different kettle of fish to my current concert. My husband is actually in love with this one so I am thinking it may end up as 'his'...

Ohana SK-38 - my first soprano and I couldn't love this little gem more. Super loud and resonant sound. The look, the feel, the smell, the sound, the whole vibe = love!!!

I actually thought that tenors would be more my style when ordering. I didn't think that sopranos were my thing at all but wanted to treat myself so I have one of each size ;) As much as I love the Kala, as soon as I played the Ohana SK-38 I just knew it was my heart-ukulele. This îs the uke I always reach for now and want to literally take her everywhere with me! I let an almighty YEAH out when I first strummed her and everyone thought I was mad ;)

For my fellow Aussies I absolutely recommend Chris from The Ukulele Trading Company (on Ebay, FB and on his blog - http://theukuleletradingcoaustralia.blogspot.com.au/ ). He knows his ukuleles inside and out and the setup was incredible! An uber passionate Ukulele soul, just like us all :) So awesome to have a great Aussie place to shop at :)

The photos don't do them jealous but here they are.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Congratulations.

Kala KA-ATP-CTG - my first tenor....beautiful gloss finish - the woods glow. Very bright sound. Not as loud as I thought it would be but a delight to play. Different kettle of fish to my current concert. My husband is actually in love with this one so I am thinking it may end up as 'his'....

I have the concert and really like it. Keep it... let hubby get his own uke :p

Very fine looking and I would guess sounding instruments. Enjoy them!

Double congrats on your double NUD! Wow, two in one day! Kinda crazy - in a good way (I've done that before). I fully endorse your plan of giving one to your husband: giving an Ukulele to a loved one is like a gift to yourself... :)

This is one the those feel good stories that keep me coming back to UU. First off congratulations on a double NUD, high marks for style :cool:

The really cool thing is falling in love with a bit of a shot in the dark suprise.........your soprano. That is one of the wonderful things about ukuleles, all the different sizes that produce dfferent sounds and different feelings. Well done and continued enjoyment.

This is one the those feel good stories that keep me coming back to UU. First off congratulations on a double NUD, high marks for style :cool:

The really cool thing is falling in love with a bit of a shot in the dark suprise.........your soprano. That is one of the wonderful things about ukuleles, all the different sizes that produce dfferent sounds and different feelings. Well done and continued enjoyment.

Ta for the lovely words.

Isn't life a bit cool like that :) Sometimes we think we 'know it all' and what is best for us and then a soprano uke whacks you in the face! :) Still loving it to bits.

happy new ukulele day.. now Im jealous of all of you getting new ukes...happy strummings and congratulations :)

Congrats X2! What concert uke do you have?

Top Bottom