First time string change.

Croaky Keith

Reaction score
On Sunday, I ordered a couple of sets of Living Water concert low G strings.

They arrived this morning, (first class post), & I stood looking at them & wondering which uke to put them on first, allowing that I am trying to learn a new tune for this weeks Seasons thread, & didn't want to mess with the uke I intend recording it on.

So it was that I decided to try putting them on to my Kala KA-SLNG, (long neck soprano).

This is the first time that I have tried restringing on a uke, & it went very smoothly.

The result is that I now have flourocarbon low G strings on my go to uke, & I immediately noticed a slightly warmer tone with a lot more sustain, (the original strings were Aquila).

Moral of this story - if you are thinking of trying different strings, go for it.
:cool:

Congrats on the successful string change :) Glad to hear that it's made a noticeable difference.

String changing is so easy and satisfying! Congrats for heading into the unknown and going for it. I know so many players who are for some reason or other afraid to change their own strings - seems like they're missing out on the fun :)

Top Bottom