eBay value on starter uke

deschutestrout

Reaction score
Just received one of these for one of my budget-minded students. I'd posted a WTB ad on Craigslist and someone emailed and said, "check these out!" $26 SHIPPED! I was skeptical ... then amazed today when I received it and gave it a thorough look. Decent build, decent tuners, build, sound and playability. And, did I say $26 shipped?!? Should make a GREAT starter instrument, if it breaks, it hits the burn pile. Just thought I'd pass this on.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ammoon-24-Sapele-Ukulele-4-Strings-Rosewood-Fretboard-Musical-Instrument-C3X4-/191807481524?hash=item2ca89de6b4:g:0~EAAOSwnLdWtVbs

Just received one of these for one of my budget-minded students. I'd posted a WTB ad on Craigslist and someone emailed and said, "check these out!" $26 SHIPPED! I was skeptical ... then amazed today when I received it and gave it a thorough look. Decent build, decent tuners, build, sound and playability. And, did I say $26 shipped?!? Should make a GREAT starter instrument, if it breaks, it hits the burn pile. Just thought I'd pass this on.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ammoon-24-S...481524?hash=item2ca89de6b4:g:0~EAAOSwnLdWtVbs

Thanks for the info!

Interesting that the neck joins the body at the 14th fret as per the pictures.

Of course they do no mention scale length, but 24" overall length seem to be in the ballpark of concert scale, no?

Would you be so kind as confirm the scale length from nut to saddle on the one you received?

This would be great as a beater or 'car uke', especially at this price...WOO HOO!

15" nut to saddle, Booli! I ordered the less expensive one w/o binding ... and they must be out as I received one with binding. For under $30 shipped ... pretty tough to go wrong!

15" nut to saddle, Booli! I ordered the less expensive one w/o binding ... and they must be out as I received one with binding. For under $30 shipped ... pretty tough to go wrong!

Thanks for the info. :)

Since my birthday is on March 10th (in 2 DAYS) I might be able to slip this one into the basket unnoticed (or at least not get chastised for buying yet ANOTHER ukulele) considering the price...(hopefully)...

hmmm....I do not have a 'normal' (as in figure-8) wooden concert uke, and with the binding and nice rosette and decent tuners....(yes rationalizing UAS to myself)....need to see what the birthday fairy brings in terms of cash....

adding this one to the top of the list......:)

I just ordered the same uke, should be here in the next couple of days. I'm a bit of a noobie, but I'll let you know my views.

Top Bottom