NUD Kala Long Neck Soprano

Fleacia

Reaction score
Hi all! :eek:

I know - pics or it didn't happen. But I'm still deciding whether it happened or not, though the uke says it did!

Went to a local shop last Thursday. They don't have a large uke selection by any means, but the only uke I purchased there was a Dolphin for my niece. All other trips have been for guitar or other stuff... So on that fateful day I go in there just to check out the ukes and the list of possibilities from their website. Well I played some Amahi concerts, and the neck profile was too thick for me. Then the Kala long neck soprano. I bet I played for 5 minutes. When I walked out, it was still in my hand, along with a gig bag, and a lighter wallet!

Until a few weeks ago when I strung up an unused tenor in 5ths, I was a one uke kid. I'll have to find a new identity now, because 3's a crowd! (+ an acoustic guitar)

Shock factor aside, I really like this uke. It still has Aquilas, which I'll change. But not for a while because they sound good, being reentrant on this one. I wanted a loud soprano sound, and that's what this uke has. Bright and happy is how I would describe it. It's all laminate, but fit and finish are good. There's some roughness around the sound hole, but the frets are nicely dressed. The tuners though? Open gears with some very large buttons. I may switch those out if it's not too much trouble.

This is my only reentrant uke and for that, this long neck fits the bill nicely. And with summer coming, I see camping trips in future. :) My other 2 are solid wood, so this will serve many purposes nicely.

I'm pleased...and still asking myself what happened. LOL

I have one of those Kalas. It's a sweet uke, and for just a bit more than their basic mahogany soprano, it's a steal. Congrats!

Congratulations! You just can hardly go wrong with a Kala these days. Mine is 4 years old, all beat up, been through hell, but I will never part with it. I learned how to play in front of other people with that uke. I've cussed it, fell asleep holding it, taken it halfway across the country, and played it onstage when stage fright struck terror in my heart like a hot arrow.....
Nuff said, enjoy that Kala!
And let us see pics someday!

I love my SLNG. :love:

It's my go to uke, it's just right. :music:

However, I just put Living Water strings on it, & now it is even better. :D

Congratulations fleacia, wow your 3rd uke, cool ...happy strummings
We need pictures, and hope you pist more :)

Top Bottom