FS: early Pono PCE mahogany concert w/pickup...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UkerDanno

Reaction score
SOLD...I'm putting this back up for sale and dropping the price to rock bottom, it just sits in it's case and needs a good home. The slight twist in the neck doesn't affect playability, no buzzing any where. I just play my Kanile'a all the time! I'll post up a sound sample.

This is an early Pono PCE all solid mahogany with passive factory installed pickup. I'm selling because I have 2 other concerts that I like and play more. I mostly bought this because it has a pickup, but I don't have an amp and am hesitant to start buying a lot of equipment like amps, cables, mic's, etc. plus it just doesn't get played much. It's been in Arizona for all it's life, over 10 years and has never been humidified and has no cracks, no warping, I dressed the sharp fret ends. So, you shouldn't have to worry about humidification. It has the nicest, smoothest tuners I've ever used!

I put Martin strings on it right after I got it and it was pretty bright and kind of thin sounding. I just put some Worth Browns on and it's still bright.

WAS $220.00 shipped, NOW $170.00 shipped CONUS, includes padded gig bag. Price is firm, anything less and I'll just keep it.

The whole story and lots of pic's are here:
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?117551-NUD-vintage-Pono
check out the link in post #10 for some history.

a local guy looked at it and said there was a slight twist in the neck, here's a pic'. Plays fine, no buzzing or anything, but I'm dropping the price to $170.00 shipped.
neck.jpg

IMG_20151222_153041726.jpg

the end showing the only "blemish"
endjack.jpg

the bag...
case.jpg

Last edited:
I remember this uke.
Someone is going to get a classic Pono for a great price.
I am not looking for a concert or I would be all over this one @ 250usd.
Good luck.

Good luck on the sale Danno! Looks nice
Quality seller. I will vouch for him personally.

Sent you a PM

a local guy looked at it and said there was a slight twist in the neck, here's a pic'. Plays fine, no buzzing or anything, but I'm dropping the price to $220.00 shipped.
neck.jpg

Wow, sure wish my MCD had that binding

Reopening this thread and dropping the price to $170.00 shipped CONUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom