NUD: Moore Bettah honu & octopus tenor

NatalieS

Reaction score
I don't think life can get any better right now. I recently got engaged to the love of my life, and now I am lucky enough to have my absolute dream ukulele as well. In August I contacted Chuck Moore of Moore Bettah Ukuleles regarding a custom order. I asked for a design incorporating marine wildlife, particularly sea turtles, and what Chuck designed was above and beyond what I could have hoped for.

I can't say enough positive things about this instrument. I went with a tenor size and have it strung low G. Admittedly, the tenor scale is sometimes a stretch for me, but several MB owners here were extremely helpful in my decision to go with this size. The neck and fretboard on this uke play like a soprano... very fast and comfortable. The sound is warm and full, the woods are lush and beautiful, and the inlay floors me. Chuck really has an unparalleled talent. I can't stop looking at the intricate details of the turtles, ocean, coral, palm trees, and octopus. I have never been this happy with an instrument, or really any purchase in my life.

My camera is not that good, so here are some wonderful pictures by Chuck Moore before he sent the uke. Mahalo, Chuck, for your talent and your friendship. You are an amazing artist!

DSC_0020.jpgDSC_0021.jpgDSC_0022.jpgDSC_0023.jpgDSC_0024.jpg

Congrats Natalie! I saw that one on his FB page. Glad it went to someone from the UU! Welcome to the club.

Wow gorgeous! Congrats on the uke and engagement!!

Ahhh, that was yours! Congrats on both occasions.

I am so incredibly happy for you. It is stunning. I love the octopus so much. Welcome to the MB family. :)

Wow! You got one of the best ones and I'm glad you're sharing the pics. Knew that was yours since you changed your avatar already! ;)

Welcome to the family and congrats on your engagement!

I love the thin green lines along fretboard....

Congratulations, Nathalie, on both your engagement and your new Ukulele. It's stories like yours that make the Underground such a happy place...! :)

Great ukulele, Nathalie!

It so happens that I took delivery this week of the 'sibling' ukulele in the same batch, the one with the whale. I'm so happy to hear that you love yours as much as I love mine -- congrats! :)

Good move getting the MB before marriage. Such indulgences get more difficult afterwards, even with the most accommodating of partners :)

Congratulations Natalie.

That is one of the coolest design from Chuck. Definitely a lifetime instrument.
We're waiting for a video/ sound sample of your new beauty. :)

Love the green rosette.

Wow! Each Moore Bettah seems prettier and more elegant than the last one. All are works of art, you got a real stunner. Congratulations!

Top Bottom