Zadkine - Soundtrack for a Sculptor

we tigers

Reaction score
A Couple of months ago I wrote a little instrumental piece inspired by the visual artist Ossip Zadkine.

I am a bit of a fan of old Italian soundtracks from the sixties and seventies; I love the way a theme gets different treatments and comes back in various styles. I have taken Zadkine as a starting point for a new project in which I plan to create a soundtrack for a couple of early 20th century visual artists. Last night I made two different Zadkine versions. Now on to the next artist (I already have some ideas for Constantin Brancusi).

I like what you did here with each of these videos...including the editing. As an independent filmmaker, I enjoy seeing what people come up with for original soundtrack material. Nice work.

Thanks! I am already working on new ideas for songs and videos. A guy I knew on a music forum was a music researcher and editor for documentaries on the Belgian tv network. That is pretty much a dream job. The paring of the right sounds to go with images is a great way to spend your days, I think.

You clearly have the passion and feel for it. The first two videos hit the mark perfectly. Although I feel it would be more powerful in the third video if the instrumentals were a little softer overall. Or if they started out faint and gradually build around midway through. These become more enjoyable the more I watch them.

Top Bottom