Finally found a gig bag for my Sopranissimo.

blorb

Reaction score
Ever since I bought my Tom 17 inch Sopranissimo, I have been regularly checking ebay for a gig bag to put it in. I could only find 21" bags though.

I would feel a lot less stupid now if I had just checked amazon to begin with. Apparently Caramel ukuleles has been selling a 17 inch gig bag there for a few years. $12 USD before shipping/tax.

2napag1.jpg

fw9it.jpg

I figured I would post this here in case anyone else was interested. It's not the most protective case (5mm padding), but it's better than nothing!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. I have the same style of Tom ukulele. I was thinking about getting that case until I saw that it only had 5mm padding.

Is there room in the bag to stuff some thicker padding? I was thinking about just taking some foam padding from another project and cutting it to size to put in there. If so, how much room is there? Could you put 1 inch of foam (half on each side), or at least a total of a half inch?

Thanks!

Lincoln

Thanks for sharing. I have the same style of Tom ukulele. I was thinking about getting that case until I saw that it only had 5mm padding.

Is there room in the bag to stuff some thicker padding? I was thinking about just taking some foam padding from another project and cutting it to size to put in there. If so, how much room is there? Could you put 1 inch of foam (half on each side), or at least a total of a half inch?

Thanks!

Lincoln

You could probably fit more padding on the top and bottom because the Tom ukulele is pretty thin. I don't think you'll be able to fit much more padding around the sides though since it's a pretty snug fit.

But at less than $20 total, I'd say it's definitely worth a shot!

Ok, Thanks!

By the way, I put Worth Fat Browns on mine and keep GCEA tuning and it works well.

Are using standard Aquilas?

Ok, Thanks!

By the way, I put Worth Fat Browns on mine and keep GCEA tuning and it works well.

Are using standard Aquilas?

Yeah, I have standard Aquilas on mine. I'll have to look into the Worth fat browns. It's due for a string change.

I took another look at the case and there actually is a decent amount of space to put extra padding in the sides too. The handle is pretty nice and overall the bag doesn't look as cheap as a most of the gig bags I've bought in the past. I've had quite a few that were poorly shaped.

OK, Thanks! I'll probably order one then.

I got the Worth fat browns from Elderly Instruments. Not sure who else carries them. I like how tight the tension is with the fat browns. Much closer to what I am used to with other strings on my larger ukulele.

Top Bottom