Kamaka question

jjdejd

Reaction score
Saw a HF-2 for sale locally. Noticed the number of frets is the same as the soprano 12 to the body and 16 total. I guess this is standard for Kamaka? Does Kamaka stamp the mfg date inside like KoAloha? Also, is HF-2 stamped inside the body. The photo didn't show much except the serial number.

Last edited:
Sounds like a standard HF-2 to me - if the price is right, go for it! My HF-2 is probably the best sounding Kamaka I've owned (I've got 3 and have owned 6 total) - a real player.

The HF-2 is 12 frets to the body, 16 total, just like the soprano. The tenors, as well as the longnecks, have a 14-fret join and 18 frets total. On my 2008 HF-2, there's a metal tag stamped with the serial number and a paper label, but nothing indicating the HF-2 model.

Thanks for the info. This Uke is 3 years old and was purchased when the person was on a cruise and stopped in Honolulu. It's in excellent condition with the hard case. He's asking $750

That's a pretty decent price - retail is over $1000 now. Please report back if you get it!

I've never seen a model number stamped in, of the five I've owned. I have a centenary model, too, and again, the only mention of model is on the warranty card. -- Matt

Does Kamaka stamp the mfg date inside like KoAloha?

I really like KoAloha's practice of stamping the uke's "birth date" on the block inside. It's probably a bit silly of me, but that is actually a consideration for me when contemplating purchases.

Top Bottom