What kind of Low G string is this?

manfromtexas

Reaction score
Blackbird is using Oasis strings now. I like their Low G wound.

On a standard, I really enjoy Augustine "Gold" D strings for my Low G. It mates well with a D'Addario Nyltech soprano set for C-E-A.

My vote goes to Fremont soloist also...polished low G so little or no squeak....wish I could find a no squeak wound polished C string.

Well thanks much - I've been reading a lot about the Fremont soloist but haven't tried one yet.

The golden hue clinches it - I ordered a few today. It looks like a nice one!

Well thanks much - I've been reading a lot about the Fremont soloist but haven't tried one yet.

The golden hue clinches it - I ordered a few today. It looks like a nice one!

Wow, $4 for one string is pretty expensive. And does "Fremont" even make their own strings? I think there are only 2 or 3 actual string makers in the USA. The rest rebrand someone else's strings.

Wow, $4 for one string is pretty expensive. And does "Fremont" even make their own strings? I think there are only 2 or 3 actual string makers in the USA. The rest rebrand someone else's strings.
yea, pricey, but they seem to last at least 2x as long as other wound strings

And does "Fremont" even make their own strings?

The consensus seems to be that most of the fluorocarbon strings started life as fishing line.

The Soloist packet is marked "Made in USA". The Fremont Blacklines "Made in Japan".
Worth are made in Japan. Aquila are made in Italy. Savarez are made in France.
Living Waters are "Made in Heaven" according to the packaging.:) The packaging also states "They are actually made in England".
On the packets I have available South Coast aren't saying. Nor are Ko'Olau.

I'm not quite sure what the word "made" means with reference to ukulele strings. Savarez f'rinstance quote "Alliance" as manufacturer of some of their material. Is the Alliance factory in France? Or do they import quantities of material and then cut and package it as instrument strings.

If anybody knows I'd like to read about it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom