FS - RISA Tenor Uke-Solid electric - barely used!

kissing

Reaction score
I am selling a barely used Risa Tenor Uke-Solid.

I seem to have a love-hate relationship with high-end electric ukuleles. I love to collect them, but they are often sold when I need some extra cash.
It is 242.86 Euros brand new, which converts to $264 USD according to the online currency converter.

I will sell mine for $199 USD including free shipping globally!
Price is in AUD for Australian buyer ($199 AUD)

It has been lightly used, in the bedroom. In fact, here is the very uke being used by me last Christmas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbMTS7zdSBQ

It is in perfect working condition, strung with D'addario black nylon and a Worth Brown low-G string.

Only sign of use is a small, hardly noticeable nick on the back of the ukulele, as shown in the 3rd photo down.

This ukulele was purchased in November 2015 from Risa Germany:
https://www.ukulele.de/shop4/en/risa-uke-solid-tenor-geared-tuners

PM me for purchase or interest.

Last edited:
Terrific item for travelling. Quiet until plugged in. I bought a tiny Blackstar Fly 3 amp for my RISA which combines the Uke amp and an MP3 speaker so I only carry one speaker with me.

The strap on the bag combines as the Uke strap (assuming it still has the original strap) and the Uke in the bag fits on the side of my suitcase, so it practically takes up no space and I paid more for mine.

Take your sounds with you.

Last edited:
So tempting a 2nd gen Risa stick with geared tuners and already strung in low G for a very nice price.

As much as I am ready to buy this I would need to see closeups of the frets. My 2nd gen soprano and my 1st gen concert from different sellers left me a little skiddish on buying a used stick.

How is the tension on the stick with these strings? I have a standard tenor with white Aquila strings on it and cannot stand the string tension.

If the frets are not worn or filed chasing a hum thinking it a buzz I can have a PP payment off at anytime.

PM sent
~AL~

I agree with rappsy, but this uke always surprises me with its playability too. Good price - wish I would have paid this little!

My to cents, I've bought a uku from kissin. It was just as he had explained it. Deal went easy.

So tempting a 2nd gen Risa stick with geared tuners and already strung in low G for a very nice price.

As much as I am ready to buy this I would need to see closeups of the frets. My 2nd gen soprano and my 1st gen concert from different sellers left me a little skiddish on buying a used stick.

How is the tension on the stick with these strings? I have a standard tenor with white Aquila strings on it and cannot stand the string tension.

If the frets are not worn or filed chasing a hum thinking it a buzz I can have a PP payment off at anytime.

PM sent
~AL~

Thanks for the interest everyone :)

I can assure you that the ukulele is in perfect playing condition. I have not modified it in any way, other than the strings.

The frets are not worn or dirty, there is no buzz, the action is just right. The D'addario nylons are a low tension string, probably around the same (or lighter) than the Aquila.

I am happy to take more close up photos when I get home after work tonight (if it doesn't sell by then!).

Last edited:
As stated in my PM.

Hmm the only thing that confuses me is how would it sell if I'm in a holding pattern to buy it? I was assured the other two sticks I own were never touched but flat spots on the frets including the zero fret tells me otherwise this is why I want photographic proof.

Don't know the if it doesn't sell by then comment kinda has me losing interest fast.

Thanks for the reply.

~AL~

so very tempting.... good luck Kissing on your sale

As stated in my PM.

Hmm the only thing that confuses me is how would it sell if I'm in a holding pattern to buy it? I was assured the other two sticks I own were never touched but flat spots on the frets including the zero fret tells me otherwise this is why I want photographic proof.

Don't know the if it doesn't sell by then comment kinda has me losing interest fast.

Thanks for the reply.

~AL~

Sorry Al, I think we had a misunderstanding. I thought you were enquiring for further information (photos) as an interested member. I don't recall having a formal agreement to place it on hold. I will be home soon and will upload the more detailed photos!

As requested, here are some larger, detailed pictures I have just taken now after work:

Note: I have put on a thin plastic scratch plate because I like to keep my instruments as neat as possible. But because I only ever fingerpicked on this instrument, it was a bit of an unnecessary overkill :)

Closer look at the little nick on the back:

It's that little dark brown line in the middle. I knocked it while changing strings on the edge of my desk. It is hardly visible nor feelable.

Last edited:
Payment pending, awaiting for final confirmation and payment :)

Sold! To the keeper of the cheese

Top Bottom