Where to buy a 3 ring binder for Daily Uke Book

Patrick Madsen

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
The back cover of my "Daily Ukulele Book" is ripped and torn. I'd like to put it in a 3 ring binder and am having a heck of a time finding a 3 ring binder to put it in.

Any suggestions. The size of the pages themselves are 9x12". Thanks

Check with someplace like Minuteman Press (or any other small printing shop) - they may have the equipment to drill to book (as a print shop I worked in many years ago did), and rather than a standard binder, they can put threaded posts in, along with hinged fiberboard covers.

-Kurt​

Thanks Kurt. A friend put her book in a three ring binder she had laying around. It measured 10x12". Perhaps the 9x12" binders out there mean it is meant for a 9x12" paper size. I realize I'll have to punch holes in it. I think Office Depot does something similar to what your referring to.

Aloha Pat ,
what I do is use them plastic covers for the page and put them in a plastic 3 hole folder in sections.. works well

Aloha Pat ,
what I do is use them plastic covers for the page and put them in a plastic 3 hole folder in sections.. works well

Thanks! I'm gonna try that, my 2nd yellow book is falling apart!

I have one almost untouched I'd sell for, like $20 plus shipping.

you might try using laminating sheets as a reinforcement for the cover. they are quite stiff, particularly when on both sides

ralph

I hear ya Stan but where do you buy the 3 hole folder? Most are 81/2"x11" Daily Uke is 9x12". I thought of the lamination but the back is torn from the spiral clamp.

It's nice they reduced the size Kurt. I hate the thought of buying another Daily Uke book. I don't really like it and the only reason I have it is because our uke group uses it. Otherwise it'd be gone.

Aloha Id copy the pages and reduce the size.. I wouldn't put all the pages in the folder cause it won't fit.. only pages I use often or like..
there is thicker gauge coping paper from 3M I use too

Last edited:
Since you're talking about a 1/2" difference on the width and 1" difference on the height, you could simply trim the pages down to the size of a standard page with a paper cutter from a hobby store. There is ample margin space on the pages of the Ukulele Daily to do this without compromising the sheet music. Once trimmed, you can put the pages in a standard 3 ring binder, but if you're going to go to all that trouble I second the suggestion of using plastic covers.

Top Bottom