WTB Tenor Uke in the $300-500 range

Reckhart

Reaction score
I'm a beginner uke player, but I've been playing acoustic guitar all my life. I want something that's set up well and would be good for strumming and finger picking. If you have something you think might work for me, pm me. I live in Ohio

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. You will get lots of responses here on this subject. I would also recommend you doing a search for this topic as there are many threads with this subject.

To get you started, brands to consider that are popular here are Mainland, Ohana, Pono, Opio, and Kala. This should get you started on your search.

Enjoy.

I have nothing to sell right now but want to say that Hawaii Music Supply is a wonderful source for learning about ukuleles. They sell them and provide many videos, etc. Thrustworthy!

Sent you a PM!

Welcome aboard!!

At that price range I'd find a new Pono awfully tempting... in fact I did, and it's great, right at home next to ukes I own that cost twice as much. Also highly recommend Hawaii Music Supply (aka, the ukulele site). The setup, service, and prices are simply better than anything else I've found.

Obviously, great deals on used instruments here....

Thanks everyone for your input. I have been drooling over the instruments at Hawaii Music Supply, and Pono is definitely on my short list. If I go that route, I don't know whether to get mahogany, acacia, or mango. They all sound great on the website. All pm's have been replied to. Thanks again!

I am a big fan of Mainland, and Mele ... they both have excellent tenors in your price range.

Top Bottom