Fishman Kula question

rockettj

Reaction score
hi first post, so be gentle. anyone here install the onboard preamp and battery/plug module for fishman kula model? I recently ordered one and there is no template available at their site for cutting the instrument accurately for that particular model. actually, I already received it today and feel jittery about taking the dremel to the side of the uke. any pointers or opinions about this particular job i'll be doing. thanks in advance for any help...

hi first post, so be gentle. anyone here install the onboard preamp and battery/plug module for fishman kula model? I recently ordered one and there is no template available at their site for cutting the instrument accurately for that particular model. actually, I already received it today and feel jittery about taking the dremel to the side of the uke. any pointers or opinions about this particular job i'll be doing. thanks in advance for any help...

First thing! Make a template out of heavy paper, card stock or..., and try it on the insert thingy. Then make one that fits perfectly. Once you have one perfect, then mark the Uke, say a prayer and start cutting your beauty up. Do not start on the Uke until you have a template!

thanks Jack, appreciate the input
First thing! Make a template out of heavy paper, card stock or..., and try it on the insert thingy. Then make one that fits perfectly. Once you have one perfect, then mark the Uke, say a prayer and start cutting your beauty up. Do not start on the Uke until you have a template!

thanks Jack, appreciate the input

I never worked on a uke like that but I have done similar work and didn't make a template. Bad things happened!

I've been thinking about putting a pickup in my travel tenor, but so far have resisted, because it sounds too nice to risk on my ham fisted skills.

Top Bottom