where to find soprano style method books/tabs ?

jake_albert

Reaction score
hey friends

where to find soprano style method books/tabs ?

wanna try some songs

Most uke books are for gCEA tuning which is what your uke will be, so unless it says otherwise, any that you fancy should work for you.

Just do a search/look online, there is a lot of stuff you can learn from & play.

If you want a book, take a look here - http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?119165-books

You won't likely find books specific to ukulele size except for a couple of "tenor ukulele" books out there that are simply arranged for low G/GCEA tuning. As uke1950 noted, most books are for standard/reentrant/gCEA tuning, so you should have no trouble finding something that you like. If you're just starting out and are interested in fingerpicking, I'd recommend this one to start with.

You'll find that the soprano is best suited to strumming due to its voice. A high G fourth string works best. A Tenor has more range in the lower notes because of the body size and is preferred amoung those who pick.
My suggestion is choose one song play it till your bored then change the strum pattern, tempo, and if a mistake sounds good, use it. Won't be long till you have your own style. Revert to basic when playing with or leading a group.
For research, YouTube Ukulele Ike who at one time was the highest paid performing artist in the US.

Last edited:
Ukulele for Dummies is pretty comprehensive. It covers both strumming and fingerpicking and is aimed at beginners.

Not a method but I found Barry Mazz's "What Ukulele Players Really Want to Know" very useful as a beginner. It deals with things like looking after your uke, changing strings and using or not using a pick and other such stuff that method books tend to skip over. There is a second book "More What Ukulele Players Really Want to Know" and the two are available on Amazon as a combined volume for Kindle.

Go to his Got a Ukulele blog for more details. http://www.gotaukulele.com

Top Bottom