Hannam & Moore

Steveperrywriter

Reaction score
http://www.themanwhonevermissed.blogspot.com/2016/03/moore-hannam-tenors.html

Thought it would be interesting to try and put a couple higher-res images of the most recent (and last!) additions to the ukulele family at Steve's house. Click on the link, then on the small images to make 'em bigger.

The Moore is warmer, the Hannam a tad brighter -- that's the koa versus the sinker redwood. Neither are as bright as the spruce-topped Carruth or Zukulele, but both are louder -- talking cannons here.

Low-G, G and C wound. Eventually, I'll do a side-by-side sound check. Both are outstanding.

I have now arrived at the top of the mountain, folks. No more UAS for me. I swear. Really.

Last edited:
You absolutely have arrived at the top of the mountain with ukes built by two of the best in the world.

BUT making statements about being done......oh careful what suprise the universe may have in store for you Steve. You are truly fortunate to own those two beauties

Very nice ukes and pictures. Love them both..
You are right both ukes project well, and both are amazing

BUT making statements about being done......oh careful what suprise the universe may have in store for you Steve. You are truly fortunate to own those two beauties

I agree with Dave. There's still Devine, Grimes, Scheurenbrand, Kinnard, Char, LFdM, etc. etc. Just teasing. Congrats on your beautiful instruments.

Last edited:
Waiting on my Hannam Ziricote and figured redwood to arrive in the next month and the Moore will be my retirement uke when I'm ready. Don't forget Jay Lichty and Marc Roberts, both great luthiers also.

Top Bottom