NUD Martin 0XK

timmit65

Reaction score
I got a new Martin 0XK yesterday. I immediately put Grover geared tuners on it...I've owned friction tuners before. They're not for me. Next, I ground the bridge saddle in half, to make it playable.

I plan to make it my travel uke. Living in Florida, The HPL body is very appealing....impervious to heat?:D

My super short review..I like it. After my customising, I find it plays well, stays in tune and sounds good. The workmanship is really good, especially the fingerboard and frets.

I find myself just wanting to play it. I suppose that's the ultimate test!

Question, does anyone know the difference between the OXK and the 110XK?

Attachments

• IMG_5256.jpg
    IMG_5256.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5264.jpg
    IMG_5264.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5262.jpg
    IMG_5262.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5261.jpg
    IMG_5261.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 43
Nice job with the tuners. I switched mine to Gotah UPTLs after struggling with the stock tuners for a year. Still living with the high setup at the bridge.

Enjoy!

As far as I can tell, 0XK and 110XK are different names for the same thing. I think that the official catalog item "name" is 110XKUKE, so you'll sometimes see it listed as 0XK or 110XK or 0XKUKE, but it's the same thing.

BUT... I'm not the world's expert on the matter, so I could be wrong.

The action and the tuners on mine are plenty fine for me. But congrats on the 0XK. I think you'll love it.

Mine was great for my needs right out of the box. I am glad you were able to make yours work for you.

I had a question about the Grovers I put on this uke. I wasn't able to attach a pix in the dm, so here you go...IMG_5266.jpgIMG_5266.jpg

Nice job with the tuners. I switched mine to Gotah UPTLs after struggling with the stock tuners for a year. Still living with the high setup at the bridge.

Enjoy!

Oddly enough, this is the first uke I've owned that the action at the nut was okay. Strange, I've owned countless guitars and basses most of which nut height was fine. But when it comes to ukes, a playable nut height is the the oddity.

Top Bottom