PDA

View Full Version : I know how to edit my post but not delete it.

Czechmate01
03-13-2016, 05:04 AM
Can someone please tell me how to delete my own posts or thread I started? When I go to edit I can change the wording, etc. but don't see a delete button.
Thanks,

Futurethink
03-13-2016, 05:38 AM
Same place you edit. At the bottom are buttons marked
Save | Go Advanced | Delete | Cancel.

Czechmate01
03-13-2016, 10:09 AM
Same place you edit. At the bottom are buttons marked
Save | Go Advanced | Delete | Cancel.
The delete option is not available to me as you can see from the screen shot. I do appreciate your help though :)

Twibbly
03-13-2016, 10:12 AM
I think you can only delete within a certain period of time, or at least that is how it has been on most boards I've been on. After that, I think an admin has to do it. You may also not be able to delete the first post in a thread.

ZappCatt
03-13-2016, 10:53 AM
In addition to the time limit, there is often a lock when someone else replies to the thread after you post where you can not delete a post.

mm stan
03-31-2016, 04:18 AM
The delete option is not available to me as you can see from the screen shot. I do appreciate your help though :)

On the bottom right of your screen shot click go advanced

tigersister
03-31-2016, 07:03 AM
On the bottom right of your screen shot click go advanced

^^^This. It should let you delete a post in the advanced reply page. I don't think you can delete threads you've started. You'll have to get a mod to do that. Also, the Marketplace is the only area of the forum where the OP can close a thread they started.