PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe it

Ukulelerick9255
03-13-2016, 06:42 AM
I can't believe 175 views and not one person is interested in an awesome looking Kanilea premium tenor with an LR Baggs 5.0 already installed at an amazing price of $1,350 lowered now from 1,500. Premium Koa that looks like Master Grade and a neck that plays like butter.

NatalieS
03-13-2016, 06:55 AM
Patience is necessary when selling a high end instrument like the one you have. The market for such a uke is quite small. If you're in a hurry to sell you can increase your chances by also listing it on the FleaMarketMusic marketplace. Ebay will also gain you an exponentially larger audience.

Also, I'm not a mod but creating two threads for the same uke may cause some confusion.

stophie11
03-13-2016, 07:36 AM
I bought a Kanilea premium tenor with pick up 2 months ago for 850...just sayin

PhilUSAFRet
03-13-2016, 08:56 AM
I bought a Kanilea premium tenor with pick up 2 months ago for 850...just sayin

Wow, great deal. Don't look for that to happen too often.

Tommy B
03-13-2016, 10:48 AM
I can't believe 175 views and not one person is interested in an awesome looking Kanilea premium tenor with an LR Baggs 5.0 already installed at an amazing price of $1,350 lowered now from 1,500. Premium Koa that looks like Master Grade and a neck that plays like butter.

I wouldn't put too much into the number of views. A lot of us just like to look ... because that's all we can afford to do. :o Gorgeous uke! Good luck.

ZappCatt
03-13-2016, 11:05 AM
Yep, then the Price is not in the title, I will look at every Tenor listing.

Once I see the price on most, I move along, so I am sure I "viewed" your original listing a few times.

river_driver
03-13-2016, 11:23 AM
OP, why not bump your original thread instead of starting this one?

It's dropped down toward the bottom of the second page, and has only received 4 additional views since you started this one (which incidentally, has over 200 now).

sam13
03-13-2016, 12:56 PM
My brother is a realtor who has told me "every house will sell, depending on the price."

I think it is the same with Ukes.

dkcrown
03-13-2016, 01:37 PM
My brother is a realtor who has told me "every house will sell, depending on the price."

I think it is the same with Ukes.

So true, so true.

Jim Hanks
03-13-2016, 02:28 PM
Patience is necessary when selling a high end instrument like the one you have. The market for such a uke is quite small.
what she said. Don't take it personal, brah. :shaka:

Inksplosive AL
03-13-2016, 04:02 PM
What a misleading title I dont even bother to look at tenors unless the word Risa is connected to it. Just like the old I'm a mac I'm a PC commercial I'm a soprano. :cool:

I cannot ever see dropping a K or more on "any" ukulele ever.

Good luck with the sale.
~AL~

strumsilly
03-13-2016, 05:54 PM
by putting this thread out there, I'm assuming you want comments.
1. that is an awesome uke at a great price.
2. anythime you ger above 1k[ or evrn 3/4k, you are looking at a much smaller audience.
3.A person can buy a new K1 for about the same price. yours is a mg w/ pu , but it's used. I would prefer yours, BUT a less expensive K1 will sound and play similar so a newby who doesn't get the finer aspects of koa may opt out of yours.
4.it's only been listed for 4 days, give it time . there are many who are probably interested, but at 1k+ it seems to be a buyers market. such is life

Steedy
03-13-2016, 06:15 PM
Those sideways photos won't do much to sell it.

Ukulelerick9255
03-13-2016, 06:16 PM
I'm not sure what you bought and in what condition but this uke was $2,000 new $850 is not usually their premium it's their entry level.

Ukulelerick9255
03-13-2016, 06:19 PM
You get what you pay for I wouldn't buy a Risa if they paid me.

NewKid
03-13-2016, 06:57 PM
Check out how Doc J sells ukes here. He is absolutely the best with lots of full sized pictures, great descriptions, and very aggressive pricing.

$1500 gives you lots of wonderful options for tenor ukes so perhaps you could add more than nice looking Koa with a pick-up in your description. You don't mention what model it is or what year it was made or any other detail. Or you could just wait for a Kanilea fan who already understands the value of your uke to find the great price you're offering and buy it.

NatalieS is selling a custom Kanilea for nearly twice your asking price. Her listing is a great example of how to sell a high-end ukulele here. Good luck!

igorthebarbarian
03-13-2016, 07:06 PM
... it's not butter? Teaser of a thread title.
Also, what everyone else said re: pics and price. Anything over $1,000 is a tough sell in terms of # of potential buyers - although with tax refunds coming soon, 'tis the season!

sam13
03-13-2016, 07:13 PM
... it's not butter? Teaser of a thread title.
Also, what everyone else said re: pics and price. Anything over $1,000 is a tough sell in terms of # of potential buyers - although with tax refunds coming soon, 'tis the season!

So when are those tax refunds coming? I have a Uke to sell. Lol

strumsilly
03-13-2016, 08:18 PM
So when are those tax refunds coming? I have a Uke to sell. Lol
meee tooo, several

Inksplosive AL
03-13-2016, 10:04 PM

Oh chest bump eh? My inner demon does like to come out to play when awoken.

I buy things to keep them so there is that. Risa is also a top quality instrument so there is always that as well. Of course I do have much less to lose if I ever decide to sell one of my sticks, a Risa ukulele tends to hold its value and shares a much larger resale market.

Funny I didn't reply out of malice just honesty. Hell if you want to get technical a Timms or a Blackbear can both be had for under a grand. Either one has 100% more value as an instrument in my eyes as that fancy tenor for sale.

Again I wish you luck with the sale. Have you tried craigslist?

~almineo~

Inksplosive AL
03-13-2016, 10:05 PM
... it's not butter?

You sir win the internet or this forum or best damn reply to such a title!

My hat is off to you.

~AL~

DownUpDave
03-14-2016, 01:16 AM

So you want to sell your uke but you go around insulting a large number of people (Risa owners). Yea that should really help your cause. Putting up another thread was crafty on your part but I think it is back firing on you.

It is a beautiful instrument but karma has a great deal to do with selling to another member. Doc J sells his stuff all the time but it might take weeks and he is highly respected and liked.

bearbike137
03-14-2016, 04:52 AM
Clips help a great deal in selling a uke - especially high end ukes. I rarely consider buying any uke that I can't hear before buying.

sealja
03-23-2016, 01:53 PM
Kinda hard to reply with this format, however, I am interested. reply to cactus@televar.com Thanks, Sealja

Stevelele
03-23-2016, 06:19 PM
selling used ukes is not easy unless you have a moore bettah. I've posted what I thought were great deals that have done nothing. If you really want to sell it, I think you have to honestly ask yourself what the price is where you might not be willing to give it up, and go a smidge over that amount. Everyone wants a good deal on the second hand market, and it's not realistic or fair to compare what you can sell it for against what a store like HMS might sell it for. Good photos, clips and a good reputation on this board helps tremendously too. I agree that Doc J is a great seller. I could learn a thing or two from him, myself.

Booli
03-23-2016, 09:06 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ZjetSsy.jpg

hgnlb
03-23-2016, 09:09 PM
Not so sure about moore bettah's either, last one on here by bobmyers was around quite awhile and looks like still might be available from Ukulelefriend. Problem is with my playing not the ukulele in my hands, though I do enjoy playing my better ones regardless of the fact they are more capable than I am.

Stevelele
03-24-2016, 05:44 AM
it's all about the price. I think that Bob priced it on the high end of the market, which made it tougher. I have also observed that you're more likely to sell if you start off with an aggressively low price vs progressively dropping the price bit by bit, which to some makes the uke look less desirable.

Anyhow, getting back to this uke, it does look very good, and I would suggest that the seller take better pictures and put up a sound clip if possible. And try to avoid any kind of distracting commentary that will potentially make the sale of the uke more about a discussion than the uke. I probably wouldn't have started a new thread, but what do I know--I'm no Doc J....

Not so sure about moore bettah's either, last one on here by bobmyers was around quite awhile and looks like still might be available from Ukulelefriend. Problem is with my playing not the ukulele in my hands, though I do enjoy playing my better ones regardless of the fact they are more capable than I am.

Teek
03-24-2016, 08:25 AM
Big and multiple view photos with a detailed description are helpful. I cant see any detail in your two tiny pics.

I've found that UU is no longer a good selling venue for me. My last 6 or 7 ukes I had fair prices for the quality (one was a Kanile'a deluxe tenor, no pup but koa just as gorgeous as yours). I had 1K views and not even a comment over a couple of weeks. I've seen the same with a lot of other sellers.

I just put stuff on Craigslist now where it usually sells just fine for the same price I ask here or more. I second Flea Market Music as a better venue...

cml
03-24-2016, 08:38 AM
I think the used market has gone completely bonkers overall. At least here in Sweden I repeatedly see people putting stuff up at asking prices of 80-90% of what it cost new. Ludicrous if you ask me, used stuff should be around 50-60 percent tops, depending on what you are selling. I mean, who buys for example a tent that has been used 80 nights at 80% of the price of a new one (I use this as an example as I like being outdoors and visit another forum dedicated to that)?!
I know I'd never do that.

The only thing I know that keeps value well is high quality camera lenses. They usually drop to about 75% of their market price, and then stay there. I've bought and resold many lenses with no or little loss (photography is another hobby of mine, and I frequent forums for that as well - I guess I like forums :)).

If you want to sell stuff at a good and fair price (mind you, a fair price for both the buyer and the seller), then an accurate description and PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES are necessary, and at a much higher resolution than what you posted. You need to photograph and document everything, even the bad (or especially the bad). Vague ads serves noone and is a recipe for trouble.

A disclaimer regarding the value of used musical instruments is that I really dont know the market so I have no idea about where they should be, but personally I would not pay much over 50% unless I knew and/or trusted the person really well, as you really have no idea what you are getting.

sealja
03-24-2016, 12:27 PM
hi, wondered if you would take 1k,
sealja contact at cactus@televar.com

rbeetsme
03-24-2016, 04:29 PM
At that price you have a limited audience, and a lot of competition.

Inksplosive AL
03-24-2016, 05:37 PM
hi, wondered if you would take.....

Putting your email where search spiders can see is never a good thing.

I suggest messaging the owner with your question/ information by clicking on his name and clicking on private message. Just in case he stopped watching this thread.

It is always good form to at least give a heads up here saying simply PM sent.

~good luck~

jvmalan
04-29-2016, 04:12 PM
So duh, so dumb

bearbike137
04-29-2016, 07:35 PM
So duh, so dumb

... while other posts are rude...

sam13
04-30-2016, 05:26 AM
So duh, so dumb

This is not acceptable and an example of people posting unkind comments online because they have anonymity.

sonomajazz
04-30-2016, 06:58 AM
This is not acceptable and an example of people posting unkind comments online because they have anonymity.

Isn't it time for this thread to go bye-bye??

Django
04-30-2016, 10:30 AM
Isn't this the one with the unwanted hole in the side?

sam13
04-30-2016, 10:39 AM
Isn't this the one with the unwanted hole in the side?

You mean the hole that a member referred to as a sound port?

Yes.

DownUpDave
04-30-2016, 10:47 AM
Best thing to do is close this thread and start from scratch with a full open disclosure of the uke.

This has gotten sidetracked and derailed IMHO. You might have better luck selling this from a fresh start. That's what I would do if it were me.....FWIW

kohanmike
04-30-2016, 11:12 AM
As anyone else noticed that of the 38 posts, the OP only posted three times? Seems even he moved on.