Can't believe it

Ukulelerick9255

Reaction score
I can't believe 175 views and not one person is interested in an awesome looking Kanilea premium tenor with an LR Baggs 5.0 already installed at an amazing price of $1,350 lowered now from 1,500. Premium Koa that looks like Master Grade and a neck that plays like butter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 341
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 214
Patience is necessary when selling a high end instrument like the one you have. The market for such a uke is quite small. If you're in a hurry to sell you can increase your chances by also listing it on the FleaMarketMusic marketplace. Ebay will also gain you an exponentially larger audience.

Also, I'm not a mod but creating two threads for the same uke may cause some confusion.

I bought a Kanilea premium tenor with pick up 2 months ago for 850...just sayin

I bought a Kanilea premium tenor with pick up 2 months ago for 850...just sayin

Wow, great deal. Don't look for that to happen too often.

I can't believe 175 views and not one person is interested in an awesome looking Kanilea premium tenor with an LR Baggs 5.0 already installed at an amazing price of $1,350 lowered now from 1,500. Premium Koa that looks like Master Grade and a neck that plays like butter.

I wouldn't put too much into the number of views. A lot of us just like to look ... because that's all we can afford to do. :eek: Gorgeous uke! Good luck.

Yep, then the Price is not in the title, I will look at every Tenor listing.

Once I see the price on most, I move along, so I am sure I "viewed" your original listing a few times.

OP, why not bump your original thread instead of starting this one?

It's dropped down toward the bottom of the second page, and has only received 4 additional views since you started this one (which incidentally, has over 200 now).

My brother is a realtor who has told me "every house will sell, depending on the price."

I think it is the same with Ukes.

Patience is necessary when selling a high end instrument like the one you have. The market for such a uke is quite small.
what she said. Don't take it personal, brah. :shaka:

What a misleading title I dont even bother to look at tenors unless the word Risa is connected to it. Just like the old I'm a mac I'm a PC commercial I'm a soprano. :cool:

I cannot ever see dropping a K or more on "any" ukulele ever.

Good luck with the sale.
~AL~

by putting this thread out there, I'm assuming you want comments.
1. that is an awesome uke at a great price.
2. anythime you ger above 1k[ or evrn 3/4k, you are looking at a much smaller audience.
3.A person can buy a new K1 for about the same price. yours is a mg w/ pu , but it's used. I would prefer yours, BUT a less expensive K1 will sound and play similar so a newby who doesn't get the finer aspects of koa may opt out of yours.
4.it's only been listed for 4 days, give it time . there are many who are probably interested, but at 1k+ it seems to be a buyers market. such is life

Those sideways photos won't do much to sell it.

I'm not sure what you bought and in what condition but this uke was $2,000 new $850 is not usually their premium it's their entry level.

Check out how Doc J sells ukes here. He is absolutely the best with lots of full sized pictures, great descriptions, and very aggressive pricing.

$1500 gives you lots of wonderful options for tenor ukes so perhaps you could add more than nice looking Koa with a pick-up in your description. You don't mention what model it is or what year it was made or any other detail. Or you could just wait for a Kanilea fan who already understands the value of your uke to find the great price you're offering and buy it.

NatalieS is selling a custom Kanilea for nearly twice your asking price. Her listing is a great example of how to sell a high-end ukulele here. Good luck!

Last edited:
... it's not butter? Teaser of a thread title.
Also, what everyone else said re: pics and price. Anything over $1,000 is a tough sell in terms of # of potential buyers - although with tax refunds coming soon, 'tis the season!

... it's not butter? Teaser of a thread title.
Also, what everyone else said re: pics and price. Anything over $1,000 is a tough sell in terms of # of potential buyers - although with tax refunds coming soon, 'tis the season!

So when are those tax refunds coming? I have a Uke to sell. Lol

You get what you pay for I wouldn't buy a Risa if they paid me.

Oh chest bump eh? My inner demon does like to come out to play when awoken.

I buy things to keep them so there is that. Risa is also a top quality instrument so there is always that as well. Of course I do have much less to lose if I ever decide to sell one of my sticks, a Risa ukulele tends to hold its value and shares a much larger resale market.

Funny I didn't reply out of malice just honesty. Hell if you want to get technical a Timms or a Blackbear can both be had for under a grand. Either one has 100% more value as an instrument in my eyes as that fancy tenor for sale.

Again I wish you luck with the sale. Have you tried craigslist?

~almineo~

Top Bottom