Jumpin' Jim's Daily Ukulele - Size?

Twibbly

Reaction score
I have the regular version so I can't say what the smaller looks like but seems like unless you're really jet-setting around why not get the larger size? 8.5X11 is a relatively 'standard' sheet size for music/songs which could help with quick recognition .

either way, its a good book with a lot of fun songs.

I have the regular version so I can't say what the smaller looks like but seems like unless you're really jet-setting around why not get the larger size? 8.5X11 is a relatively 'standard' sheet size for music/songs which could help with quick recognition .

either way, its a good book with a lot of fun songs.

My backpack that I haul around already weighs way too much, so I try to cut weight. I'm kind of scared to weigh it. I think the last time we weighted one of mine, it was around 25 pounds with my laptop, first aid supplies, calendar, etc.

Get the big one and get rid of the first aid supplies. if anyone gets hurt you can sing them back to health! :)

seriously tho, if the goal is to tote this thing around then yeah maybe the small one is better. amazon has a pretty good return policy so give it a shot and if its too small you can always swap it for the larger

You need very good eyesight to read & play from the to go version, I have read on here somewhere.

For me, the print in the standard size is maybe a bit small, as they all have a fair bit of space around them on the page, unlike most of my music books.

My backpack that I haul around already weighs way too much, so I try to cut weight. I'm kind of scared to weigh it. I think the last time we weighted one of mine, it was around 25 pounds with my laptop, first aid supplies, calendar, etc.

If your backpack is really as heavy as you say it is, you're not going to notice the teeny difference in the weights of the larger book and the to go version.

Get the big one and get rid of the first aid supplies. if anyone gets hurt you can sing them back to health! :)

seriously tho, if the goal is to tote this thing around then yeah maybe the small one is better. amazon has a pretty good return policy so give it a shot and if its too small you can always swap it for the larger

I am klutz, see me fall! I can't sing a sprained ankle back to where I can walk on it unless I'm singing as I lace up and strap on the ankle brace...

You do have a point about the return policy, though I try not to abuse it too much. I might just order the big one, then copy out the pages I'm working on when I'm wandering around.

You need very good eyesight to read & play from the to go version, I have read on here somewhere.

For me, the print in the standard size is maybe a bit small, as they all have a fair bit of space around them on the page, unlike most of my music books.

I have very good eyesight, but I imagine that will eventually start to not be the case (all my family is exceedingly nearsighted - I started out far-sighted, so I'm just barely nearsighted at this point).

I guess I'll get the big book and just copy the pages I'm actively working on unless I'm going somewhere where I might need it all...you know, stranded on a deserted island, lost in the jungle, that sort of thing.

The best way to save weight is to leave stuff home. Same principle for as for light weight backpacking/hiking. I bet there is at least 5-10 pounds you can shave right off if you really take everything out and consider when/if/likelyhood that you need to use it.
Weigh everything on a scale (a kitchen one) and make an excel table of it (I have one for my backpacking gear list :p).

The best way to save weight is to leave stuff home. Same principle for as for light weight backpacking/hiking. I bet there is at least 5-10 pounds you can shave right off if you really take everything out and consider when/if/likelyhood that you need to use it.
Weigh everything on a scale (a kitchen one) and make an excel table of it (I have one for my backpacking gear list :p).

LOL. I do periodically empty it out, mostly right before and after trips). :)

:agree: the standard size is hard for me to read. Get a tablet!

I recently picked up a copy of the To Go version. While the font is smaller, it isn't significantly so. And if you are talking about poor eyesight, I wear tri-focals, folks. And I have no problem reading the To-Go version. (MUCH easier than RISE UP SINGING!

The pages aren't the same. Things were shuffled about to make it so a song would never extend beyond two facing pages.

-Kurt​

Top Bottom