what strings for this ukelele (guitalele)

kenstogie

Reaction score
so i got an enya ukelele/guitalele and its wonderful.....so much better than a yamaha gl1 (though i do love that little gl1......)

what strings options can i use for the kind of bridge below.......

.....my thought was the classical ones with the ball on the end like regular steel acoustic (only of course nylon)..... i included what was stock(which i thought was weird)

.....please give me your thoughts thanks!

attachment.php

attachment.php

the stock string that was inside the body....

TN24HtK.jpg

Attachments

• 20160315_171547-Edit.jpg
    20160315_171547-Edit.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 72
  • 20160315_173612-Edit.jpg
    20160315_173612-Edit.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 20160315_171316.jpg
    20160315_171316.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
thanks fir the quick reply........as a reformed guitarist (lol) i tune eadgbe by using different strings in the wrong places....so for the high e i use a b string (standard tuning) that way i can get the reg pitch and close (enough) tension

Interesting... What's the scale length on that?
Also, how do you like it? The descriptions for it say the top is red pine.

That's something I'm not sure I've really heard before.
It looks very nice.

Does look nice but I'm not finding a site that dumps info like nut width, scale length, saddle width, etc. I'm not upset though because I got a very lightly used cordoba mini-m with upgraded bag for very reasonable.

Last edited:
I have the Cordoba mini (guitalele tuning ADGCEA) and I use the Aquila A tuning strings that were designed for the Cordoba Mini. Go to their website and see if these will work well with your guitalele. I love my Cordoba, by the way. I bought it to use as a hiking and travel guitar. Just got back from my first hike with it- perfect hiking companion!

i put a pic of the full guitar in the 3rd post ..... and....
here's the specs.....though i think specs are not always 100% or change mid production.....

Item: 28 inch Guitalele
Item No. : EGL - 05
Headstock: Classical Design, Rosewood with Maple Inlay
Neck: Mahogany
Panel: Carved A Level Red Pine with Shell Inlay
Side: Rosewood
Back: Hot-pressing Rosewood
String: Made in Japan
Fretboard: Carved Rosewood
Bridge: Rosewood
Tuning Knob: High Quality Classical Design Knob, Made in Taiwan
Serging: Black ABS 5 Line
Package: Enya High-level Guitar Bag
Paint: Flat Lacquer
Size: 28 inch / About 69cm
Thickness: 7cm

I generally use classical guitar strings, the range and quality are hard to go past Use string beads or tie a decent knot to prevent the string end pulling through. I don't tune A to A, I prefer F# or G to F# or G.
god idea i never knew they existed...before now ,....will probablt go this route w some pro arte

Interesting... What's the scale length on that?
Also, how do you like it? The descriptions for it say the top is red pine.

That's something I'm not sure I've really heard before.
It looks very nice.

it plays vry nice, intonation up and down the tiny neck is great and sound sweeet, it out plays and sound a gl1 by 4x easy.....very pleased. i like the little mop sound hole and the inlays...

Top Bottom