A Happy St Patty's Day

Nickie

Reaction score
I have been practicing about 20 Irish tunes for ukulele for weeks now. We did them at the Saturday Evening Jam Session I host monthly. A few days ago I realized that they were the 1st songs I've ever sang with all my vocal chords!
I had been invited to an ALF in St. Petersburg (FL, not Russia) to perform anytime I wanted. So I called them and asked if they'd like Irish songs for their residents on St Patrick's Day. The answer was a resounding 'yes please!'
So I called a buddy of mine who really loved the songs too, and we practiced together.
We drove there today, and did the songs for maybe a dozen residents.
It was a toe tappin, hand clappin good time, some of them even sang along on the more familiar songs.
When we finished, they said 'encore', so we did another. Then they said 'encore' again, so we did another. We were out of songs, and out of breath!
Then the staff asked us to stay for lunch. They served gourmet corned beef n cabbage with O'Doul's and then green, yes GREEN cheesecake with dark chocolate in it and coffee. We were so stuffed!
They invited us back anytime we want to come, and my buddy Ramille said she is up for it. We will be back, the joy we felt was priceless.
If you've never played for the aged and infirm, go do it, even if you think you can't. We totally screwed one song up, and they didn't care, because we came back to it later and nailed it.
I think it was the best St Patty's Day I've ever had!

Very nice story Nicki. Today was a rehearsal with the group I'm with, The CC Strummers, and along with songs for our next show, we did "Molly Malone" and "My Wild Irish Rose" to celebrate St. Patty's day. I wore a green t-shirt with a green & white open front Hawaiian shirt, and also played my surf green mini bass.

Wonderful.............with I could have played my bodhran with you guys.

Excellent. We have been playing at Independent Living places for about 6 months now. It is an extremely rewarding experience. We played yesterday for an hour and played a few St Paddy's Day songs. We have another one today!

I play with the aged and infirm every week!

Top Bottom