Uncle Kimo Hussey visits local ukulele class

Uncle Rod Higuchi

Reaction score
Uncle Kimo Hussey is in Seattle for a Concert (Sat) and a series of Workshops (Sunday). He arrived Thursday morning and did a surprise appearance at my Thurs night ukulele class in Edmonds, WA.

We were in the middle of learning a bit about picking Greensleeves... but I surrendered the floor to Uncle Kimo who took it from there for the next 60 mins! :)

The students were very pleased and I think Uncle Kimo had a good time as well :)

I'm planning on being at both events this weekend.

Uncle Kimo had given STRUM a private group lesson in Ewa Beach last July when several of us traveled to the Islands for the Ukulele Festival Hawaii.

Just wanted to share the Aloha that Uncle shared with us last night! :)

keep uke'in',

Kimo was in Sun City last week for a couple workshops and a concert! Lots of fun, although, gotta admit, I didn't learn much that I can do...;)
He's a great player, though...:shaka:

I enrolled in Kimo's workshop at the Arizona Aloha Festival. He was great and a lot of fun. Wish I'd have known about the subsequent workshops and concert in Sun City! :)

Last edited:
Great opportunity Uncle Rod!

Kimo exudes the best of ukulele! If you ever have an opportunity to learn from him or listen to him don't hesitate! Do it!

I could watch him play for hours. He has such a jazzy smooth beautiful relaxing playing style

Uncle Kimo is scheduled to be at the Midwest Uke camp in June in Michigan. He's the reason I decided to go. Can't wait!

Such a great guy and so eager to teach. We exchanged a couple dozen youtube messages and he gave me a lot of good advice and tips. I'll never forget it.

Top Bottom