FS Compass Rose 5 string tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownUpDave

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
SOLD

Next ukulele up for sale is something very special. A Compass Rose 5 string tenor that I consider my most beautiful ukulele. The five string has a great chimey sound but I just don't play it very often. I have been hanging onto it because it is so pretty and has a great open sound but time to let someone have it that will play it.

Adirondack spruce top
Cocobolo back and sides
Curly maple binding
Gorgeous high gloss finish, sunburst top
Abalone purfing on top and headstock
Radiused ebony fret board
Side sound port
Gotoh vintage antique tuners
KK twin spotpick up

I bought this over I year ago from fellow member Leokiekie who ordered it from Rick Turner about 6 years ago and was the only owner until I bought it from him. He had a pickup in it at one time with volume knobs on the upper bout. It was removed and those holes are visible. There is also a damaged area around the pick up jack that was repaired and is stable and strong. One very small dent on the top the won't show up in pictures. The over all condition is excellent with NO strum marks or other scraps, scratches dings or dents on the top. This is in great shape near flawless except the two areas noted and it sounds wonderful.

SOLD, shipped within North America, comes with a canvas covered uke crazy case. Paypal accepted. Will ship international you just pay extra for the shipping costs.

20160318_190902.jpg20160318_132846.jpg20160318_131812.jpg20160318_131823.jpg1458346838575.jpg

Last edited:
What a beautiful ukulele with gorgeous straight grained Cocobolo. Very nice. Good luck on the sale.

Wow, that really is a great looking Uke. I'm sure that that the current build price on that must be more than $3000.
Good luck with the sale.

Wow that is a very nice uke. Do you have any sound/audio examples? Would love to hear it.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.

@KBuke.....sorry I don't have a audio recording of this. I might be able to do one tomorrow night if it is not already sold by then.There has been a lot of interest

Last edited:
Sale pending, just awaiting payment

This lovely instrument is now sold and will be making it's way to it's new owner. A 50th birthday present I was told, very fitting.

Thanks UU

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom