Wtb: Kawika Tenor Ukulele

CiceroAnon

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I know these are impossible to find, but I still would like one. Is anyone selling? :)

Elderly.com has one.

Kawika ukes are hard to find, but worth the search. But they do come up for sale every blue moon. Last one I saw for sale was at UkuleleFriend.com last summer.
http://ukulelefriend.com/ukes/custom-kawika-tenor-ukulele-3/
Shawn finds Kawika ukes more often than anyone. Email him to be on the look-out for you.
Good luck on the hunt, it may take awhile. Have your funds ready ($3k to $5k), as they sell fast.

Last edited:
have you played one before Hodge? I've heard that they sound similar to a moore bettah, but who knows really? there aren't that many people i know who've played one. I almost bought one but pulled back because the sound sample made it sound exactly like another uke i have.

have you played one before Hodge? I've heard that they sound similar to a moore bettah, but who knows really? there aren't that many people i know who've played one. I almost bought one but pulled back because the sound sample made it sound exactly like another uke i have.

Steve, I have 2001 Kawika koa tenor. It's different for sure from most ukes including a MBU ( X-bracing on the back, French polish finish, zero fret). My Kawika sounds terrific in reentrant, very clear with excellent note definition, yet full. I'd say the sound is nearer a Pegasus tenor.

P1070292.jpgP1070304.jpgP1070302.jpgP1070299.jpg

Last edited:
Man Hodge...you've got all the great ukes!

Wow that's a pretty uke with interesting bracing and the zero fret.

Hodge, that is one beautiful ukulele. The Koa is gorgeous, and the French Polish really makes the beauty of the wood stand out. It's funny, when I look at the first photo, the full frontal shot, it is so perfect looking in it's simple unadorned way, and I can actually feel how good the build quality is.

Aloha Hodge, Bryan Tolentino has the same model baritone and l have a concert. I just strung it with oasis re entrant
Strings, it sings sweetness.. btw i know someone who got a nice tenor, she might be reading this :) you know you lucky to get one for under 3000.00 these ukes are not cheap because they are rare and not being made anymore, good luck to you
Steve, I have 2001 Kawika koa tenor. It's different for sure from most ukes including a MBU ( X-bracing on the back, French polish finish, zero fret). My Kawika sounds terrific in reentrant, very clear with excellent note definition, yet full. I'd say the sound is nearer a Pegasus tenor.

View attachment 89566View attachment 89567View attachment 89568View attachment 89569

maybe someday! i should have bought one when i had the chance. oh well!

Aloha Hodge, Bryan Tolentino has the same model baritone and l have a concert. I just strung it with oasis re entrant
Strings, it sings sweetness.. btw i know someone who got a nice tenor, she might be reading this :) you know you lucky to get one for under 3000.00 these ukes are not cheap because they are rare and not being made anymore, good luck to you

btw i know someone who got a nice tenor, she might be reading this :)
Stan is it me you referring to? :)
I love my Kawika....like its sound with reentrant....like Hodge said...it sounds near a Pegasus tenor.....I have both...and they are just amazing....

I have a 6 string Tenor Kawika that I would part with.

I know these are impossible to find, but I still would like one. Is anyone selling? :)

Kawika
All Koa
Abalone binding
Ukulele Bridge doctor to eliminate top deflection (quite ingenious installment by David Hurd)

Sorry, my post got attenuated by mistake.

I have an all koa Kawika 6 string tenor that I may be willing to part with.
Abalone Binding
X-brace
and a Ukulele Bridge doctor that David Hurd installed when he built it.

Send me a message if interested.

Rodreguiz music in Anacortes washington has one, see his website for pics
bluechip

Top Bottom