NUD Cocobolo Pineapple #1

OhioBelle

Reaction score
image.jpg

I can't believe how great she looks, I can't believe how great she sounds, and I can't believe she's mine!

Check out the grain of this cocobolo! Who needs to drool over ziricote when there is this?

image.jpgimage.jpg

And the spalting on the sapwood!

image.jpg

She sounds incredible with Aquila Reds, like lovely bells or a melodious harp. Truly magical!

Last edited:
Beautiful. What is the scale on this lovely instrument and when can we hear it?

Last edited:
Wow! Prepare to be the centre of attention wherever you go with that. :)

Ha ha! My playing had better improve so I can live up to it!

Although the smooth neck and fretboard radius should help with that. Really the most comfortable uke I have ever played. Even the fretboard edges are as smooth as silk.

Beautiful. What is the scale on this lovely instrument and when can we hear it?

Sixteen inch scale. Shorter than my Pono tenor, longer than my Lanikai concert. And quickly becoming my favorite!

As far as a sound clip, I'll have to figure out how to do an iphone recording, so it won't be the best. Kinda on a par with my iphone pics complete with cat hair!

Wow I've never seen wood grain like that. Beautiful.

Very nice looking! What a beauty to play.

Congrats! I saw that on Facebook and was very tempted to grab it to go along with Super Concert #1. But that would have been really greedy. :D

They go quick, don't they Jim? I was lucky to log in at the right time. I'd better stay away from Facebook or else I will become greedy too!

And yes, Urick9255, ziricote is pretty awesome. But it's not RED! :love:

Congrats OhioBelle, and welcome to the Cocobolo Family. Your uke is a knockout!

The makers must have a wood source in Cocobolo heaven. That is gorgeous! Congratulations!

Wow! Prepare to be the centre of attention wherever you go with that. :)

A very fitting sentiment, it really is spectacular looking. Congratulations I hope you enjoy making music on it for a very long time to come.

Wait so is Cocobolo the wood type or the brand? I've always been too embarrassed to ask and/or too lazy to research :p

Wait so is Cocobolo the wood type or the brand? I've always been too embarrassed to ask and/or too lazy to research :p

image.jpg

It's both! Posted in very limited batches for sale on Facebook, so you have to move quick when you see one you want. No worries whatsoever. Kevin is so great to deal with. The uke arrived quickly, and packaged securely. When I opened the case, I couldn't believe how beautiful she was in person. And never having played a uke with a hardwood top before, I had no idea how rich the sound would actually be. Very different voice, rich with sustain and clarity at the same time.

Check out Baz's review. I first heard of Cocobolo Ukuleles on the AGF, but that review prompted me to check them out. I logged on to FB less than half an hour after Kevin posted his Pineapple #1. My heart went thump! :iwant:

Is that karma or what?

I am thinking about getting one of these sound sample please.

I am thinking about getting one of these sound sample please.

Wish I could give you one! Recording isn't my thing. For good sound samples, see Barry's review at Gotaukulele dot com, and some good video demos at Cocobolo's own site.

Mine sounds every bit as good. I just don't play as well. trust me. You're better off with these. :eek:

Top Bottom