My mini PA set up

engravertom

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

A while back, someone asked about the set up I use for my one and only Nursing home gig.

I use a small mixer, a headset mic, a handheld mic when my wife sings with me, and my Kala baritone with a passive pickup installed.

I run the sound out from the headphone jack to my iloud speaker. It is loud enough for the place I play. The eq controls help my uke sound good. With the passive pickup it needs the top end taken down quite a bit.

I will try and explain further if anyone has any questions.

b354cb03-83b0-46bb-9ce9-cbc1a8d86a1d.jpg

48fd6514-7872-4dec-a379-ec43e2767538.jpg

79127785-384d-4a0e-b2a2-06c7abea0dfe.jpg

e0d626c5-d15e-444d-9508-54d0d964094a.jpg

Thanks,

Tom

cool setup!

what mixer is that in the photos?

I use the Fishman PA system, everything in one just put it on the pole and turn it on so easy and I like it better than the Bose it sounds more natural.

The mixer is a Mackie Mix8. I already had the iloud, and I needed two xlr plus at least 2 1/4 instrument inputs. I haven't made use of the other inputs and not sure how I Would. Pretty much I do everything on a need to know basis! When I need to know it I will figure it out!

I looked at some of the other options out there but to get 2 xlrs and two instrument inputs were kind of pricey given I had already purchased the iloud. The iloud has many uses, it is a very flat speaker so it is useful as a small studio monitor for mixing, it works as a mini pa, and it is great for blasting music from a laptop, tablet, or phone. With the correct app through a tablet or phone the iloud has a 1/4 input where you can plug a guitar or Uke in directly and use it as a small amp, with effects, etc.

If it were just me playing and singing a two input setup would work fine, but having a second vocalist or second instrumentalist when available is nice.

Oh the mixer cost $79.95. I am thinking about some mic stand accessories to mount the mixer and iloud so I can ditch the small table. Any ideas about that sort of thing? I already have a couple of mic stands.

Top Bottom