New discoveries - at least for me!

whistleman123

Reaction score
I stumbled on a video by IWAO. Has anyone else heard of him. Good player in several different styles. He was of interest to me because of his use of thumb only for jazz. (Sometimes a thumb pick).

Then while investigating him I found a site called Ukulele Japan. Very interesting site with links to other good uke players and uke books.

Sory, but I don't know how to post hyper-links.

Sory, but I don't know how to post hyper-links.

When you reply to a post, look for the icon that has a globe with chain link. Click on it and a window will appear where you enter the URL of the page/site you're linking to. Hit OK and the link will be posted.

hyperlink-512.jpg

Using a thumb playing jazz on guitar is very common, Wes Montgomery made a great career with it. Doesn't surprise me for someone to use a thumb on uke, especially because thumb uke is very common in Hawaii.

I stumbled on a video by IWAO. Has anyone else heard of him. Good player in several different styles. He was of interest to me because of his use of thumb only for jazz.

Watch some Herb Ohta (Ohta San) videos on YouTube. He's probably the most well-known thumb-only jazz ukulele player.
Not to be confused with his son, Herb Ohta Jr.

Top Bottom