PDA

View Full Version : Just bought my first Uke!!!!

keno poi
04-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Just bought my first Uke!!! its a Kanilea K-1 Tenor in UV gloss finish .... She is expected to come on Friday... Im very eager to learn and have fun with it.... Its gonna be a start of a nice relationship :shaka:

GX9901
04-08-2009, 06:32 PM
That's a heck of a first uke. Heck, it's a great uke period. Enjoy!

psesinkclee
04-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Wowzors. My first uke was a 20$ piece of junk. Be sure to play the hell out of that thing ;)

keno poi
04-08-2009, 06:39 PM
That's a heck of a first uke. Heck, it's a great uke period. Enjoy!

Thanks...Its better to start learning right :) I play classical guitar and i enjoy my instruments and really care for them. Plus i believe its more fun to learn on a uke that sounds and looks nice.

keno poi
04-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Wowzors. My first uke was a 20$ piece of junk. Be sure to play the hell out of that thing ;)

will need to learn the basics first and will sure play it hard. Thanks :shaka:

Ahnko Honu
04-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Since you got such a nice ukulele to start with you won't need to buy any more. ;)

gotrice415510
04-08-2009, 07:30 PM
just wait until ur UAS kicks in, being that u started with an expensive uke....ur gonna be a poor man soon:D.

i started out with a cheap $60 uke and ive bought 2 more ukes since then, slowly sepndin more and more each time.

generem
04-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Wow.. K1 as a first Uke.. To me thats like saying...

just got my 1st car.. A BMW M5...

Enjoy :D

Few years back, I didnt seattle for 2nd choice either.... Always got the one I really wanted... then I got married.. now im just happy I still have choices :D

Ahnko Honu
04-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Wow.. K1 as a first Uke.. To me thats like saying...

just got my 1st car.. A BMW M5...

Enjoy :D

Few years back, I didnt seattle for 2nd choice either.... Always got the one I really wanted... then I got married.. now im just happy I still have choices :D

But you used the same philosophy when you got married right? didn't settle for second best. ;) Works in all facets of life. :shaka:

bbycrts
04-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Just bought my first Uke!!! its a Kanilea K-1 Tenor in UV gloss finish .... She is expected to come on Friday... Im very eager to learn and have fun with it.... Its gonna be a start of a nice relationship :shaka:

I've had a bunch of ukes in a very short time - I now have my Kanile'a K-1 concert and feel like I've found exactly what was missing in every other uke. You're starting the right way! You'll love it!

Ukulele Friend
04-08-2009, 09:39 PM
welcome to the "family"....

and now that you've got yourself a quality piece I think your elder brothers and sisters here at UU forum would like to say..."I like try". :D

the great thing about a quality piece like the Kanilea is that it'll inspire you to improve with each passing day...good ukes just have that about them.

ahui ho,
Shawn

http://ukulelefriend.com

Pippin
04-08-2009, 09:52 PM
generem, that's a great photo in your avatar.

hawaiianmusiclover06
04-09-2009, 12:50 AM
Congrats! Have fun learning on your new uke! I wish I had a Kanile'a. They are beautiful.

keno poi
04-09-2009, 02:01 AM
Thanks to all that replied. Im the kind of person that if i like something i want to make sure that it will be the best one i can afford. I play classical guitar and to be honest i only have one guitar but its a good one. I hope i dont get the UAS anytime soon lol. Im sure this uke will provide me years of fun.

wickedwahine11
04-09-2009, 04:13 AM
As a Kanile'a fanatic, let me congratulate you on your great new purchase. I have a Kanile'a that I love dearly. Joe and Kristen have amazing customer service, and their ukuleles are of fantastic quality. You made a great choice. Now all you have to do is post pictures when it arrives, and join the Kanile'a Club! Check it out here: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/group.php?groupid=20

UKISOCIETY
04-09-2009, 04:20 AM

Excellent! One's all you need!

deach
04-09-2009, 04:27 AM

lmao!!!!!

generem
04-09-2009, 05:09 AM
But you used the same philosophy when you got married right? didn't settle for second best. ;) Works in all facets of life. :shaka:

If you say so..

Oh shi....OUCH (smacked by wife looking over shoulder while typing)

But seriously.. She's my best friend (when shes not mad about something I did or didnt do)

bbycrts
04-09-2009, 05:11 AM

UAS isn't about NEED. It's all about WANT!

UKISOCIETY
04-09-2009, 05:41 AM
UAS isn't about NEED. It's all about WANT!

Ahh, you saw thru my little ruse, eh? ;) It just so happens that I need 30 ukuleles.

Captain Google
04-09-2009, 05:57 AM
Ahh, you saw thru my little ruse, eh? ;) It just so happens that I need 30 ukuleles.

I only need a total of 7 ukes: My baritone for those lower notes (and to play like the born-again jeeper), a banjo uke for those tin-pan alley tunes, my Ohana tenor for general play, a fluke for conventions, a second travel uke for family functions, a custom uke (because every uker should get a custom at some point), a Sceptre because it's awesome, and a TV Pal so I can play like GUGUG. :cool:

UKISOCIETY
04-09-2009, 06:01 AM
I only need a total of 7 ukes: My baritone for those lower notes (and to play like the born-again jeeper), a banjo uke for those tin-pan alley tunes, my Ohana tenor for general play, a fluke for conventions, a second travel uke for family functions, a custom uke (because every uker should get a custom at some point), a Sceptre because it's awesome, and a TV Pal so I can play like GUGUG. :cool:

Your logic is air-tight on this.

deach
04-09-2009, 06:01 AM

lol. If this logic worked, i'd grow my hair out like Patrick Swayze.

keno poi
04-09-2009, 01:21 PM
As a Kanile'a fanatic, let me congratulate you on your great new purchase. I have a Kanile'a that I love dearly. Joe and Kristen have amazing customer service, and their ukuleles are of fantastic quality. You made a great choice. Now all you have to do is post pictures when it arrives, and join the Kanile'a Club! Check it out here: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/group.php?groupid=20

Thanks! i actually joined the club :shaka:

keno poi
04-09-2009, 01:22 PM

I hope so .. unless i get the UAS virus lol!