WTB: Kiyoshi Kobayashi and Ukulelezaza tab/songbooks

NatalieS

Reaction score
Aloha everyone,

I am searching for tab books from Ukulelezaza and Kiyoshi Kobayashi. If anyone has any they're willing to part with, would you please keep me in mind? Thank you!

In case this helps anybody looking for these - I was able to order a number of them through Kinokuniya Books. Most of the titles are out of stock online but you can try this link to search; I did a couple of special orders via my local Kinokuniya branch. It helps to be able to search in Japanese - his name is written キヨシ小林 so it helps to pop that plus ウクレレ (ukulele) wherever you are searching.

I sold all of mine a couple months back but they served me well for many years! At this point, I'd rather challenge myself to make my own arrangements from other sources like piano sheet music, but that's no reflection of the Kobayashi books. For learning a ready-made, straightforward but satisfying arrangement, they can't be beat.

Thank you for your suggestions! janeray1940, I searched the Kinokuniya site and saw several Kobayashi books available (thanks for the translation!). There's also a Japanese ebay vendor who I was able to order two Kobayashi books (Jazz standards and Ghibli) from. As for ukulelezaza, an UU member helped me get both of those! So thanks everyone, this was very helpful.

CD Japan is where I bought mine. The Jazz book is out of stock but they have the Bossa Nova book which is also very good and a few other books.

Can someone advise whether Kobayashi's books arranged for low G or reentrant? Thanks!

Can someone advise whether Kobayashi's books arranged for low G or reentrant? Thanks!

It depends on the book. Some of the arrangements skip the 4th string entirely, but his "Ukulele Method" book exercises don't really make sense on a reentrant uke - in the preface for that one he states the book is meant for low G.

Top Bottom