Sound sample of 11 different String Sets

hawaii 50

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I have a newish Pono AC and am now very tempted to try some Oasis warms on it :)

Thanks for posting this. I have a newish Pono AC and am now very tempted to try some Oasis warms on it :)

Haha not too often do you get someone like Kalei Gamiao to talk about strings.....:)

Haha not too often do you get someone like Kalei Gamiao to talk about strings.....:)

True, all thosee strings sounded great when Kalei played them. Very interesting to hear his thoughts at the end of the video.

Thanks for the link Len.

As I was listening on my iPad (I know, breaking my rule of not making tonal judgements from the iPad speaker) I was thinking how they all sounded pretty close to each other but that I probably preferred the Oasis warms, especially the low G just a little better than the others. And then KG said that was probably his favorite too. Guess I need to try some. Hmm,I wonder how they'd work tuned down a bit on a baritone.

I'm already a self proclaimed oasis fan but listening to the video while all are very good sounding the oasis just seem to have that extra little ring and resonance.

Top Bottom