The perils of browsing the internet

Sven

Reaction score
Eight years ago I was looking online for how to tune a ukulele. Now I have converted part of my home to a workshop and built close to 100 ukes. All started by finding forums, or fora, first ezfolk then uketalk, ukulelecosmos, ukuleleunderground and the now sadly defunct Swedish forum ukulelekommissionen.

Today I stumbled upon a humourous article that was spot on. Anyone else recognize the slippery slope?

http://www.theonion.com/article/man-on-internet-almost-falls-into-world-of-diy-mus-17013

Happy easter / Sven

Ha ha. Thanks for posting. Yeah, that seems rather "familiar". I started out searching YouTube for the chords to Hot Tamales and stumbled onto a Pete Howlett tutorial.... and things snowballed from there. Ha!

I got like that collecting pottery .. I have cabinets of jugs and vases from bygone years made by renowned potters......I often look at them and wonder why the hell did I buy that lot..I recon I must have been mentally ill at the time, a bit like falling in love I suppose :rolleyes:

Slippery slope indeed - I only joined this forum last November - & quickly accumulated some ukes..........:wtf::smileybounce::rotfl::music:

i looked on your blog, sven. an apartment workshop? that must take real fortitude. you must have learned quite a bit by 100 instruments.

Thanks for sharing! That was hysterical. And sad. BTW I love your book press! My ex had one like that, and I wish he had let me have it for print making or paper embossing.

Thanks for that Sven, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Seems all too familiar..... mustard or ukuleles, an obsession is an obsession is an obsession

Great article Sven. I blame my ukulele building fixation squarely on my father. When I was just a little kid he decided that the two of us could build a television in our basement. After a years worth of work it actually worked. Years later I got into building boats which is much like building ukuleles except it costs way more money, takes a lot longer and can actually kill you when it fails (sinking, drowning). I haven't got the mustard bug yet, but talk to me sometime about my beer brewing phase. Lots of laughs. What fun.

Funny. Just realized this was from The Onion. :)

Thanks for the link Sven.

Last edited:
image.jpg. #justsayin

Top Bottom