PDA

View Full Version : Ordered a tenor from China

onlyablur
03-26-2016, 10:42 AM
I'm going to visit China for 2 months and don't wanna drag my all solid concert ukulele along with a big suitcase AND a 2 year old, so I decided to order one from China.

I wanted to try something new, so I ordered a tenor, claimed to be solid spruce top (having never played a spruce top nor a tenor). Never heard of this brand, but these two videos convinced me to choose it (not the same models as the one I bought though):

https://youtu.be/8D7SMxnOKjI

I'd be very pleased if my purchase sounds like those! :)

I shall report back when I get it next week, if anyone's interested. Happy Easter!

onlyablur
03-26-2016, 10:42 AM
Only allowed one video in a post, so here is the other:

https://youtu.be/iRoZckrk_Xc

johnson430
03-26-2016, 03:09 PM
Only allowed one video in a post, so here is the other:

https://youtu.be/iRoZckrk_Xc

This is a "Mozart" tenor.
I played a Mozart tenor in Malaysia. It was cheap and needed a string change but it was light and fun to play.
Where did you order them from? I have been looking for a Mozart or Gecko that can be sent to the states. I only see bulk orders on alibaba.
(If you see any Gecko ukes, check them out)
What city/cities are you going to in China?
Johnson

onlyablur
03-27-2016, 12:04 AM
This is a "Mozart" tenor.
I played a Mozart tenor in Malaysia. It was cheap and needed a string change but it was light and fun to play.
Where did you order them from? I have been looking for a Mozart or Gecko that can be sent to the states. I only see bulk orders on alibaba.
(If you see any Gecko ukes, check them out)
What city/cities are you going to in China?
Johnson

Yes, I read that this company used to make "Mozart" but now it's called "Andrew". I'm hoping the quality will be roughly the same.

I ordered it from their official webshop on Taobao.com, to be delivered to my parents in Shenzhen :)

What string did you change it to? Glad to hear it was light and fun to play!

Luke El U
03-27-2016, 01:17 AM
Ni hao! If you visit Guangzhou from Shenzen, let me know if you would like to jam a bit

stevepetergal
03-27-2016, 04:09 AM
...solid concert ukulele along with a big suitcase AND a 2 year old

What kind of two year old ukulele?

onlyablur
03-27-2016, 09:46 PM
Ni hao! If you visit Guangzhou from Shenzen, let me know if you would like to jam a bit

Ni hao! Thank you for your invite but I doubt I will go to Guangzhou this time...

onlyablur
03-27-2016, 09:49 PM
What kind of two year old ukulele?

Haha! It's a kicking and screaming grumpy 2 year old...boy! :)

johnson430
03-28-2016, 07:35 AM
Yes, I read that this company used to make "Mozart" but now it's called "Andrew". I'm hoping the quality will be roughly the same.

I ordered it from their official webshop on Taobao.com, to be delivered to my parents in Shenzhen :)

What string did you change it to? Glad to hear it was light and fun to play!

Cool. I lived in Shanghai for a few years. I went to Shenzhen on a trip to HK one time. I liked Shenzhen, and the food is so good in the south.

Try some fluorocarbon strings. I like them more than the nylons.
Be safe on your trip and have a great time.