Ordered a tenor from China

onlyablur

Reaction score
I'm going to visit China for 2 months and don't wanna drag my all solid concert ukulele along with a big suitcase AND a 2 year old, so I decided to order one from China.

I wanted to try something new, so I ordered a tenor, claimed to be solid spruce top (having never played a spruce top nor a tenor). Never heard of this brand, but these two videos convinced me to choose it (not the same models as the one I bought though):

I'd be very pleased if my purchase sounds like those! :)

I shall report back when I get it next week, if anyone's interested. Happy Easter!

Only allowed one video in a post, so here is the other:

This is a "Mozart" tenor.
I played a Mozart tenor in Malaysia. It was cheap and needed a string change but it was light and fun to play.
Where did you order them from? I have been looking for a Mozart or Gecko that can be sent to the states. I only see bulk orders on alibaba.
(If you see any Gecko ukes, check them out)
What city/cities are you going to in China?
Johnson

This is a "Mozart" tenor.
I played a Mozart tenor in Malaysia. It was cheap and needed a string change but it was light and fun to play.
Where did you order them from? I have been looking for a Mozart or Gecko that can be sent to the states. I only see bulk orders on alibaba.
(If you see any Gecko ukes, check them out)
What city/cities are you going to in China?
Johnson

Yes, I read that this company used to make "Mozart" but now it's called "Andrew". I'm hoping the quality will be roughly the same.

I ordered it from their official webshop on Taobao.com, to be delivered to my parents in Shenzhen :)

What string did you change it to? Glad to hear it was light and fun to play!

Ni hao! If you visit Guangzhou from Shenzen, let me know if you would like to jam a bit

Yes, I read that this company used to make "Mozart" but now it's called "Andrew". I'm hoping the quality will be roughly the same.

I ordered it from their official webshop on Taobao.com, to be delivered to my parents in Shenzhen :)

What string did you change it to? Glad to hear it was light and fun to play!

Cool. I lived in Shanghai for a few years. I went to Shenzhen on a trip to HK one time. I liked Shenzhen, and the food is so good in the south.

Try some fluorocarbon strings. I like them more than the nylons.
Be safe on your trip and have a great time.

Top Bottom