PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Icelander

Icelander53
03-27-2016, 05:48 AM
Hello brothers and sisters. I haven't posted here in some time. I've been pretty sick and it's something I'm not likely to recover from. I've about come to the end of my ability to play my ukuleles anymore but I still pick it up for a few minutes at times.

I wanted to just tell you all how much being here with you has meant to me. I've spent the last 12 years posting on forums and by far this place has been my best experience. The camaraderie, helpfulness and pure joy that comes across from this place has been a balm to me in my later life.

Learning to play the ukulele very late in life has added a dimension that made growing old a lot more fun. I can't tell you how much fun I've had here in the couple of years I've been with you. I love you all so much and wish you all the best in your lives. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for almost every minute I've spent with you. Take care and be well .

I still have some time and I'll try and check in occasionally just to keep the great memories going right to the end. I love the ukulele.

thaidye39
03-27-2016, 05:53 AM
I wish you peace and happiness.

Still Water Weapons
03-27-2016, 05:54 AM
Ukes are a wonderful instrument. I'm sorry to hear about your situation and that you aren't able to play much any more. I wish you all the best.
Chris

natchez
03-27-2016, 06:07 AM
Thank you- I recall reading a thread you started on Pono and Southcoast strings that helped me find a set of great strings for my Pono. Thank you so very much for all your insights and contributions. May the next steps in your voyage find you in perfect harmony.

DownUpDave
03-27-2016, 06:14 AM
Hey brother so glad you checked in to say hello and letting us know how you are. Been thinking about you for a while now, got something to send you. Keep playing as much as you can and know you made a big and lasting impact and contribution to this site and all of us.

Dave

Icelander53
03-27-2016, 10:56 AM
Hi Dave, I'm glad to hear from you. After I made this thread I sat down and played for awhile. Just like old times.

wayfarer75
03-27-2016, 11:54 AM
I'm sorry you are not doing so well. Take it easy.

ScooterD35
03-27-2016, 11:59 AM
I wish you strength and comfort on your journey, Icelander. The fact that you are able to come here and make a post like this tells me a great deal about your character. I'm proud to be part of something with you, particularly in association to this instrument that brings such peace, happiness and meaning to so many people.

Thank you,

Scooter

Camsuke
03-27-2016, 12:06 PM
Thanks for dropping by mate, best wishes to you moving forward. Please keep in touch.

igorthebarbarian
03-27-2016, 12:25 PM
Hi Icelander, so sorry to hear about your health. I honestly was thinking about you the other day (I was emailing my aunt & uncle who live near Grants Pass, recommending them to take up the ukulele in their retirement, and knew you lived in the area). Hang in there. Thank you for checking back in :)

Ukulele Eddie
03-27-2016, 12:32 PM
Very sorry to hear this, Icelander. Hoping you continue to find strength to play once in awhile and listen as often as you can.

UkieOkie
03-27-2016, 01:10 PM
May God bless you.

Icelander53
03-27-2016, 06:50 PM
Thanks everyone. It's so nice to connect with you once again. I'm ready for whatever comes next, whenever that's going to come. I've had quite a life. Some very hard times and some amazing adventures. That's our lot. No point in regrets. Take care friends. Keep playing.

Nickie
03-28-2016, 06:29 AM
Hi Ice,
thanks for letting us know what's going on.
I've always enjoyed your posts. I like intelligent people like you. I wish we could meet and jam together
I work as a hospice nurse, as you know, and some of my patients have been a true inspiration.
Shhhh....I sneaked in my uke last December at the request of a patient's wife, played him a tune, played her a tune, showed her the uke, she joined the club, bought a Mainland uke, and is an active jammer. I gave myself a pat on the head for that one.
I created this page about life, death, and dying. It basically shows how death isn't defeat, it's part of life. You might enjoy it.
https://www.facebook.com/World-Forgiveness-Day-706968919423494/
Best wishes my friend!

Kyle23
03-28-2016, 06:31 AM
So sorry to hear. Usually I don't remember a lot of names on here, but I definitely remember seeing your posts often and for some reason yours stuck with me. I wish you the best.

LarryS
03-28-2016, 06:58 AM
Hi Icelander, I just joined the forum, an adult beginner.

Mivo
03-28-2016, 07:04 AM
Sending you lots of good wishes and thoughts from over here, Ice.

Down Up Dick
03-28-2016, 07:18 AM
Keep on playing as much as you can. And I hope it'll bring you some joy now when you need it so badly. Sorry to hear of your troubles, but I guess they come to all of us sooner or later. Best wishes for the days to come.
:old:

actadh
03-28-2016, 09:05 AM
Thank you for including us in the events of your life. So glad that you can still enjoy playing, even if time on the ukulele is diminished. I wish you peaceful and wonderful times ahead.

sam13
03-28-2016, 11:08 AM
Icelander ... It has been a pleasure sharing with you over the last few years. You have always been positive and thoughtful. May Ukulele music bring your heart peace and joy, and if you can manage playing once in awhile.

Peace Train
03-28-2016, 12:02 PM
I like your energy and do recall seeing your nicely-worded posts even before I joined UU. You seem quite empowered and at peace with where you are in life. I wish you all the best with the choices you make and wherever your journeys may take you. Peace Love and Blessings to you!

southcoastukes
03-28-2016, 04:35 PM
Quite a fellow! We're lucky to have him on this forum. I hope I can face my final days with that same sense of equanimity.

When folks pass over here, there's often a second line - a parade that goes by all the favourite haunts of the person who's left us. Solemn one way, dancing and singing on the return.

https://youtu.be/wzkCeWBuTv8

It seems a bit strange to be playing this so early, but rest assured, down here there'll be a little bit of song in your honor if we have the news - and I'll bet a lot of the folks on the forum will sing a little something - drink a little toast as well.

Have a great journey - we'll miss you!

kohanmike
03-28-2016, 04:58 PM
All my best wishes. I've been lucky enough to have survived two bouts with cancer, but the treatments have done a fair amount of damage to my coronary and coradit arteries and spinal cord, so I too don't know when one of those will get me, but I go with a positive attitude and keep playing and participating.

mm stan
03-28-2016, 05:49 PM
Aloha Icelander,
Whoa so sorry to hear your health is diminishing. I hope you will continue to play your uke for inspiration and happiness till your last moments..
Even through tough times. I too can only play for a few minuetes due to pain.
And i hope you continue to check in here on UU FORUMS as much as possible. Im glad you let us know
As we are all family here and care for you too. Sending get well prayers, vibes and blessings your way my friend.
Take care and keep in touch as much as possible. Happy strummings and trails my friend ...

Booli
03-29-2016, 04:34 AM
Icelander53...

You've been missed around here. It's not the same since you went away.

Happy thoughts and also thoughts and prayers for you to keep your strength up for as long as you want/need it will be sent your way by many, including myself...

Until next time around?

Be well, my brother....shaka :shaka:

Booli