Greetings from Icelander

Icelander53

Reaction score
Hello brothers and sisters. I haven't posted here in some time. I've been pretty sick and it's something I'm not likely to recover from. I've about come to the end of my ability to play my ukuleles anymore but I still pick it up for a few minutes at times.

I wanted to just tell you all how much being here with you has meant to me. I've spent the last 12 years posting on forums and by far this place has been my best experience. The camaraderie, helpfulness and pure joy that comes across from this place has been a balm to me in my later life.

Learning to play the ukulele very late in life has added a dimension that made growing old a lot more fun. I can't tell you how much fun I've had here in the couple of years I've been with you. I love you all so much and wish you all the best in your lives. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for almost every minute I've spent with you. Take care and be well .

I still have some time and I'll try and check in occasionally just to keep the great memories going right to the end. I love the ukulele.

Thank you- I recall reading a thread you started on Pono and Southcoast strings that helped me find a set of great strings for my Pono. Thank you so very much for all your insights and contributions. May the next steps in your voyage find you in perfect harmony.

Hey brother so glad you checked in to say hello and letting us know how you are. Been thinking about you for a while now, got something to send you. Keep playing as much as you can and know you made a big and lasting impact and contribution to this site and all of us.

Dave

Last edited:
Hi Dave, I'm glad to hear from you. After I made this thread I sat down and played for awhile. Just like old times.

I'm sorry you are not doing so well. Take it easy.

I wish you strength and comfort on your journey, Icelander. The fact that you are able to come here and make a post like this tells me a great deal about your character. I'm proud to be part of something with you, particularly in association to this instrument that brings such peace, happiness and meaning to so many people.

Thank you,

Scooter

Hi Icelander, so sorry to hear about your health. I honestly was thinking about you the other day (I was emailing my aunt & uncle who live near Grants Pass, recommending them to take up the ukulele in their retirement, and knew you lived in the area). Hang in there. Thank you for checking back in :)

Very sorry to hear this, Icelander. Hoping you continue to find strength to play once in awhile and listen as often as you can.

Thanks everyone. It's so nice to connect with you once again. I'm ready for whatever comes next, whenever that's going to come. I've had quite a life. Some very hard times and some amazing adventures. That's our lot. No point in regrets. Take care friends. Keep playing.

Hi Ice,
thanks for letting us know what's going on.
I've always enjoyed your posts. I like intelligent people like you. I wish we could meet and jam together
I work as a hospice nurse, as you know, and some of my patients have been a true inspiration.
Shhhh....I sneaked in my uke last December at the request of a patient's wife, played him a tune, played her a tune, showed her the uke, she joined the club, bought a Mainland uke, and is an active jammer. I gave myself a pat on the head for that one.
I created this page about life, death, and dying. It basically shows how death isn't defeat, it's part of life. You might enjoy it.
https://www.facebook.com/World-Forgiveness-Day-706968919423494/
Best wishes my friend!

So sorry to hear. Usually I don't remember a lot of names on here, but I definitely remember seeing your posts often and for some reason yours stuck with me. I wish you the best.

Last edited:
Hi Icelander, I just joined the forum, an adult beginner.

Sending you lots of good wishes and thoughts from over here, Ice.

Keep on playing as much as you can. And I hope it'll bring you some joy now when you need it so badly. Sorry to hear of your troubles, but I guess they come to all of us sooner or later. Best wishes for the days to come.
:eek:ld:

Thank you for including us in the events of your life. So glad that you can still enjoy playing, even if time on the ukulele is diminished. I wish you peaceful and wonderful times ahead.

Icelander ... It has been a pleasure sharing with you over the last few years. You have always been positive and thoughtful. May Ukulele music bring your heart peace and joy, and if you can manage playing once in awhile.

Top Bottom